Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nikon DX AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D

Bored with this lens and looking to get a 35mm 1.8 - would entertain a trade, swap, borrow mine I borrow yours type of deal. Would likely sell outright as well.

Any takers? A 35mm would be better for my upcoming trip to Colombia!

i was in the same boat last year.... i bought the 35mm 1.8 and it is AWESOME. it is a little tricky to use all the time, but i love the compactness and it is just so bright and fast.

here's a pic of my daughter jumping off a dock. note the water droplets - and i didn't even lock focus on her perfectly (my fault). love it.

peter
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    peter

2005 330iT ZHP | the Growlour

2010 328iT M Sport | smooth operator

Quote Originally Posted by wertyu78 View Post
    Bored with this lens and looking to get a 35mm 1.8 - would entertain a trade, swap, borrow mine I borrow yours type of deal. Would likely sell outright as well.

Any takers? A 35mm would be better for my upcoming trip to Colombia!
    Sorry, can't see your images as wherever they are hosted must be blocked at work. I'd entertain letting you borrow my 35mm 1.8. I just need to make sure my son doesn't need it for his semester in Madrid starting in Feb.

Other options:
    http://www.borrowlenses.com/product/nikon_35_1.8
    http://www.rentglass.com/Rent/Nikon-35mm-AF-S-f1.8G-DX

I can see Peter's shot. Great capture!

I have the nifty 50...love that little lens. I also thought about the 35. Let me know how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    i was in the same boat last year.... i bought the 35mm 1.8 and it is AWESOME. it is a little tricky to use all the time, but i love the compactness and it is just so bright and fast.

here's a pic of my daughter jumping off a dock. note the water droplets - and i didn't even lock focus on her perfectly (my fault). love it.

peter
    Great pic Peter!

Would you say that the 35mm allows for more flexibility than the 50mm?

If you had to choose between the two, which would you grab?

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Sorry, can't see your images as wherever they are hosted must be blocked at work. I'd entertain letting you borrow my 35mm 1.8. I just need to make sure my son doesn't need it for his semester in Madrid starting in Feb.

Other options:
    http://www.borrowlenses.com/product/nikon_35_1.8
    http://www.rentglass.com/Rent/Nikon-35mm-AF-S-f1.8G-DX

I can see Peter's shot. Great capture!
    Ohhh, those sites are interesting! I'll be back from Colombia on Dec 28th.

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post
    I have the nifty 50...love that little lens. I also thought about the 35. Let me know how you like it.
    10-4. Should be fun

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by wertyu78 View Post
    Great pic Peter!

Would you say that the 35mm allows for more flexibility than the 50mm?

If you had to choose between the two, which would you grab?

Sent from my iPhone
    thanks!

i'd take the 35mm again. i already have to 'back up' a lot when shooting with this lens compared to the excellent 18-55 kit lens (i have a D3100), a 50mm would be nuts. also, i think the 35mm is a bit shallower (dimensionally), which for me is huge, as any way i can reduce the camera's footprint helps with it's portability and handling.

i also seem to remember some folks felt the 35mm's images were crisper and that the build quality was higher-quality than the 50mm, but they also make a 35mm 1.4, which is supposed to be really awesome. but it was 3x the price of the 1.8...

peter
    peter

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    thanks!

i'd take the 35mm again. i already have to 'back up' a lot when shooting with this lens compared to the excellent 18-55 kit lens (i have a D3100), a 50mm would be nuts. also, i think the 35mm is a bit shallower (dimensionally), which for me is huge, as any way i can reduce the camera's footprint helps with it's portability and handling.

i also seem to remember some folks felt the 35mm's images were crisper and that the build quality was higher-quality than the 50mm, but they also make a 35mm 1.4, which is supposed to be really awesome. but it was 3x the price of the 1.8...

peter
    Awesome into. Just confirms my wanting of a 35mm vs a 50mm is reasonable. I need something with less fixed zoom so that street and indoor shots are a whole lot easier, oh and selfies of course.

I'd absolutely love a 1.4...... Sigh

Sent from my iPhone

LOL, yeah... i think the 1.4 is $400+.

it definitely has less fixed zoom. i remember the day i got it - i popped it on and started shooting my family, and we were in my mom's kitchen (visiting for a while), which is really dark, it was great for low-light stuff - i was blown away by the detail and the SPEED, especially in low light.

conversely, my wife doesn't really like it and always uses the 18-55 because she likes to be able to use the zoom to frame her shot, rather than having to move. i like the depth of field better with the 35mm and love the speed, and i think the images are better.

peter
    peter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast