Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 141 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1421
    I was having systems of a blown head gasket on my M3. My cooling system was pressuring within minutes of starting the car. The car runs great and doesn’t over heat whatsoever even with our 105 degree weather.

So I decided to take the cooling system back apart and inspect the orings and water pump gasket to see if they were causing the issue. I changed out all 4 of the orings behind the water pump with some Viton Orings. This fixed the problem.

Turns out ECSTUNING sent me two different sizes for the two orings on the small hard pipes, one 16x3 and one 18x3. The 16x3 oring was on the lower hard pipe that comes from the expansion tank and was sucking air causing the system to pressurize. It also caused major cavitation and was eating up the inside of my Brand New water pump and Tstat.

I wasn't too happy having to tear apart my entire cooling system again due to a undersized Oring but at least it wasn’t a blown head gasket.

Orings replaced are in Red.

16x3 and a 18x3mm Oring!

New vs Old Tstat

New Viton Orings

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 07-02-2019 at 08:39 AM.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

I saw this on m3f, glad you got it sorted out and that it wasn't a head gasket like the OP in that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I saw this on m3f, glad you got it sorted out and that it wasn't a head gasket like the OP in that thread.
    I can't even imagine having to DIY a head gasket! I got lucky for sure.

That is awful, so glad you sorted it out!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

WOLFN8TR'S ///M Project Thread!

It's been awhile since I posted any updates, here's some new additions. I finally got the Brembo BBK installed.

The front calipers were sent off to Rally Road for machining to remove 5.5mm off the mounting surface to fit the larger 345mm rotors. You have to swap the crossover lines and here is where I ran into issues. The line was cross threaded into the front caliper, I had to use an impact to remove it and it took all of the threads with it! UGH!! The biggest problem was it's one of the machined calipers so I had to be very careful repairing it or it would cost me another caliper and the cost to send it off for machining! I had to drill and tap the caliper to insert a helicoil Beings the port is tapered this had to be done without messing up the taper on the inside of the port. This consisted of making a jig so I could operate! Drill an oversized hole, dremeled the excess at the back, tap and then clean out the back again with the dremel so the bleeder will seat properly. Also the helicoil had to be cut as it was to long. Beings it’s SS and made with precision so you can thread a bolt into it made it very difficult to get it cut down just right. Talk about stressful but in the end it worked!

I was going to paint them a different color but the Red Brembo paint was in such good shape I decided to just keep them red and applied VHT clear. Baked them at 200 degrees to cure the clear coat. Went with some silver Brembo hi-temp decals. Also polished the crossover lines, pins and pad stops. "M3 now has 135k on it"

Porsche Brembo 996 BBK Conversion DIY:
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...bbk-conversion

Parts:
    Brembo 4 Piston Calipers
    CSL Slotted rotors, 345mm front and 325mm rear rotors.
    Rally Road brackets and SS brake lines
    SS Rotor screws and bleeders
    Texture brake pads
    DOT 4 brake fluid

Total Cost is approx $1500

Rally Road:
    https://www.rallyroad.net/collections/e46brakes

"Brake Caliper Surgery"

"Cut the dust cover to fit the larger Brembo calipers"

"345mm CSL vs the 325mm OE Rotor"

"Finished Brembo's"

"Fronts"

"Rears”

"All Done"

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 07-24-2021 at 02:59 PM.

Nice!! Pretty amazing repair job. How many miles do you have on them so far? What are your initial impressions?

ECS can take a fat one, they blow. Sorry you had to go thorough that
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Beauties!!!! And, nice werk gettin em there.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

WOLFN8TR'S ///M Project Thread!

Thanks guys.

Ya the ECS guys really let me down sending mismatched Orings.

I have about 500 miles on them so far. The brake feel is better with an increase in stopping power and less brake fade when they get hot. To me the best part is the “Bling”.

Page 141 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143 LastLast