Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    Well I've been thinking about offering this as a service but haven't given it too much thought yet. What price range do you think would be fair? Assuming your LCMs have equivalent hardware to mine (support for auto leveling), I could send you an already converted unit and take yours as a core
    How long does it take you to do? Including setup time? I would imagine if you want to do so, it would have to be a set price based on how many hours it takes you including coding the VIN into the LCM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Terra, I have an LCM with s/w 3.6 and another with s/w 3.01. Would you like me to send them in for your work?

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    How long does it take you to do? Including setup time? I would imagine if you want to do so, it would have to be a set price based on how many hours it takes you including coding the VIN into the LCM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Well it's hard to say since I've gotten quicker with each successive LSZ. And the coding step is one of those things that I can write a program to automate if necessary.

Biggest factor IMO is that there's an element of risk I take on. I'm pretty good at soldering, but even with a good temperature controlled station and proper technique, there's always some risk of lifting a pad, which can be disastrous if it's one of the pads for the CPU. In such a scenario, I would of course replace the unit.
    I'll think it over a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Terra, I have an LCM with s/w 3.6 and another with s/w 3.01. Would you like me to send them in for your work?
    The 3.6 can definitely be updated. The 3.01 unfortunately cannot be (well it might be upgradeable to a 3.1, but that doesn't really result in any features gained).

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    The 3.6 can definitely be updated. The 3.01 unfortunately cannot be (well it might be upgradeable to a 3.1, but that doesn't really result in any features gained).
    Okay, just thought I would put it out there…didn't know about the 3.01, thanks!

Don't forget all the r&d you put in

Sent from my iPhone

if you do set up a core exchange type program id definitely participate/purchase
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    if you do set up a core exchange type program id definitely participate/purchase
    +1

I have one I can send in now
    Last edited by cakM3; 12-31-2014 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    +1
    +2

I really have no idea what I am doing

Well I have some bad news. It would appear the C34 LSZs are not upgradeable. I just got derbo's in and the microcontroller is different. The board appears to be the same, but the microcontroller has a much larger EEPROM (4k vs 1k) and much larger flash (256k vs 64k). The extra space seems to be unused, but the problem is that simply having that extra space would require the code to be rewritten, and that goes beyond my expertise.

Thankfully the C34s are relatively rare since they were only in production for a couple months. The C35s were used for 2 years, so there's plenty on the market.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast