Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Shark Injector Information/Event.

So....as you know....I was pretty excited to get my $356.00 Shark Injector today.

You probably also knew I had O2 sensor codes P2237 and P2240....which is why you see the Bosch boxes in my pic (in a different thread).

So....I was following the instructions pretty closely.....plugged the charger into my battery, roll down driver and passenger side windows, plug Shark into OBDII port, turn key to position 2, exit car, wait 30 seconds...then pushed button on the shark.

I got through all of this to the step that says "sit back, relax and enjoy"....so I went inside to check on you guys. Everything was fine. Wasn't paying close attention to lights obviously...which may have provided useful data.

So...maybe 3 minutes later I come out and its flashing red...giving me a code 139. Started over....got a code 132, then on the third attempt (which I ended up receiving a code 139)..I noted my check engine light was not coming on before pressing the button on the shark. I do not know when this started happening.

So...I called Turner (actually after first code came in)....who called Jim Conforti. Yes...they called the man who developed the shark Injector. His recommendation was to unplug battery...and touch positive and negative terminals together...to see if it would clear any stray currents. At this point we were just trying to start the car. Oh yeah....I tried to start my car after attempt #2...and the shark must have done something to fuel management system....because it wasn't starting....just cranking over. My car has always run and started like a top.

So....the recommendation from Jim did not work....and TMS sent me overnight UPS shipping label...that I got at 1815. Got to ups at 1840...because I had to pull my DME....but....UPS closed at 1830. Ya! Another win.

So....looks like I could have DME back on Saturday.

Also to note is that TMS and Jim gave me excellent customer support. Really unparalleled and went way out of their way to help. Both parties I would recommend and trust every time. I believe this to be a fluke issue

And I am the third failure that TMS had ever known of from one of their chips. I took pics of my DME and will post later..as I had never pulled one...as its not normal. In case it might educate someone in the future.

DW77 out. Gotta go build props....lol.

EDIT (3/10/10): YOU HAVE TO USE A CONSTANT BATTERY CHARGER, NOT AN AUTOMATIC BATTERY CHARGER!!!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Last edited by danewilson77; 03-10-2011 at 10:04 AM.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Sorry to hear, DW. That really sux.

Glad Turner and Conforti are stepping up to the plate.

Keep us in the loop.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Whoa...
    So that's why you didn't pick up. You were out running to UPS. lol

That's unfortunate. But, hopefully we can roll to go pick it up in a ZHP on Sat.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Bummer dude. I know you were looking forward to checking it out.

spencers Guest
    Ouch! DME fried, eh?

Battery tender issue? Or do you think it was the SES/O2 sensor issue that caused the shark to whack out?

I have to take this moment to stress to anyone who wants to Shark their car. The car MUST have a proper voltage level maintained throughout the procedure, otherwise you risk DAMAGING your ECU.

I'm not sure if this was Dane's case, but just wanted to throw it out there that there is a reason they heavily stress this in the instructions. If you have an old/weak battery, or don't have a battery charger, do not perform this update until you meet the requirements. If you have Daytime Running Lights turned on, you need a minimum of a 20 amp charger. If you don't have DRLs but do have Angel Eyes hooked up as DRL's, you still need the 20 amp charger, unless you disable the Angel Eyes before performing the procedure. If you have no DRL's whatsoever, then a 10-amp charger is sufficient, though a higher amperage is highly recommended.

Dane had a charger and his battery was fresh, so I'm not sure why this happened.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Damn dane. Keep us posted. I'm sure they will make it right.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

That's not the kind of kill story we like to hear. Hope it works out good for you.

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Whoa...
    So that's why you didn't pick up. You were out running to UPS. lol

That's unfortunate. But, hopefully we can roll to go pick it up in a ZHP on Sat.
    And......BP was on the phone with me pretty much the entire time lending his ideas and support. Marky was there for me as well...so thanks guys.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I never fell below 12.6 volts.....

Thanks for the encouragement fells's.

Quote Originally Posted by spencers View Post
    Ouch! DME fried, eh?

Battery tender issue? Or do you think it was the SES/O2 sensor issue that caused the shark to whack out?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast