Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

ZHPMafia.com Subscription Service -- Discuss

Read the thread in the general forum and then discuss here.

Umm... wow.

That is all.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

You don't appreciate, BP? Discuss here.

Not that I don't appreciate, just a shock, that's all.
    I don't know if I appreciate, actually. The first immediate thought I had was "holy crap, this is commercializing", which I don't like the thought of. But then, I started to think that this site isn't free to run, so I understand why it's being done. So, supporting the site isn't what I have an issue with at all.

The issue in my eyes is that having these "titles" such as Gold Subscriber or something like that kind of makes it seem as though that person is more special. I never liked that on other sites and was glad it wasn't being done here, but it seems that is changing. Yes, if I was paying, I'd want something for the money, but the whole point of paying is to support the site, not really to "stand out" from everyone, which is why I'm thinking the titles are a gimmick. If you want something for the money, you get the raised PM limit, be happy with that, IMO.

What I'm saying is that I thought that this site was nice and clean without it, and adding it would kind of deteriorate the atmosphere in my mind, even though it probably won't once this is implemented.

I'll still visit and post though even if you give me a title like "jackass".
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

You hit the nail on the head, BP-- the site isn't free to run and maintain.

I don't think anyone is supporting the site to stand out, but instead because they appreciate the site and the effort that Marcus puts into it and want to help defray the costs.

I don't think there is anything wrong with acknowledging people who support the site monetarily. It doesn't mean that they are more special-- it simply means that they chose to support the site monetarily.

I think Marcus has made clear in both his words and actions that he appreciates everyone who participates on this site, regardless of whether they have chosen to donate.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Botond, here's the deal. I totally understand -- and appreciate -- your point of view. You're never going to have the title of jackass.

If you took the survey, you will recall that I specifically asked whether people were interested in having something just like this. While the position was not unanimous, your colleagues did indicate (by a majority) that they wanted to also be recognized for their contribution. Titles are the only way that someone can be recognized -- unless I create a thread where I name names and say this person or that person contributed money to the site. Short of not recognizing anyone, there will always exist a differentiation.

I know you don't have a problem with the fund raising, as you said. Your issue is with the entire badge/tag/recognition angle. Because there was a solid minority of people who didn't want any kind of designation next to their names, I realized that some people would not appreciate this endeavor (especially the recognition part).

Fact is, and getting back to the monetary part of running the site, very few people have donated to the site (even though those who have donated have been generous).

Faster servers and more giveaways aren't free. I'm hoping that this strategy will enable me to plow more money into better and faster resources. The money will also be used to help improve the appearance of this site. Survey takers indicated that the site could look better.

I hope you won't leave the site because of this announcement. You're a valued member.

Im going to make another worthless post, but at least i prefaced it as such.... I am torn. I donate some to the site (not at the levels indicated, but what I can right now) I dont know if i like having titles of people who have donated more $ than others. That being said, it is good to give some props to the people who financially support the site and help keep it running. (side note- if we really were strapped for cash and going to shut down the site, id give you one of my kidneys to keep it going....what kind of title would that come with! lol)

So, all in all, im torn. rant over.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

David, you'd be given the title of kidney donor.

By the way, I discussed this behind the scenes before I moved forward. We realized that the tough part of this situation would be that some people would hate titles and others would enjoy them. We were torn as well, David.

What it came down to is that more survey takers wanted it than those who didn't.

But, yeah, I understand that some people are not going to like this. I understand that some will be torn. And I understand that some will be happy about.

Kidney Donor/Head Chef
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    If you took the survey, you will recall that I specifically asked whether people were interested in having something just like this. While the position was not unanimous, your colleagues did indicate (by a majority) that they wanted to also be recognized for their contribution. Titles are the only way that someone can be recognized -- unless I create a thread where I name names and say this person or that person contributed money to the site. Short of not recognizing anyone, there will always exist a differentiation.
    I know that. I didn't post in hopes that you would change your mind; I know that it's going to change and there isn't anything I can do about it. It doesn't really matter all that much, just thought I'd let it be known because you asked for opinions on it, so I gave one. I'm just going to sit back and try my best to ignore it, no harm no foul. Once again, I didn't set out to try to stop you from doing it, just voicing a small concern that just doesn't really matter in the real world, that's all.

I hope you won't leave the site because of this announcement. You're a valued member.
    Of course not. The only things that would force me to leave this site (in no particular order) are:
    1) death
    2) lack of time
    3) life getting in the way
    4) an increase in douche-bagginess of the members

I don't see 1 or 4 getting in the way at any time soon.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast