Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Rak View Post
    Too bad you couldn't make a career out of racing, it's always been one of those dreams of mine I will probably never satisfy.
    Thanks, but no regrets here. Found another path equally exciting, with a better brotherhood.

Just too few pro racers out there that did not have some family money behind them at some point.

I think the hardest part about karting is having people understand that you're not just doing some amusement park bumper carts.... They have NO idea how fast and physical a race kart can be.

Steve
    2004 330i ZHP ESS TS2 supercharged
    Silver Grey/Black leather, Xenons, factory Nav, 19" VMR V710 & 18" ZHP wheels for summer, Turner Motorsports rear sub-frame kit

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Way cool!!

Sent from my GS3.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by prowlerflyer View Post
    Thanks, but no regrets here. Found another path equally exciting, with a better brotherhood.

Just too few pro racers out there that did not have some family money behind them at some point.

I think the hardest part about karting is having people understand that you're not just doing some amusement park bumper carts.... They have NO idea how fast and physical a race kart can be.

Steve
    That's awesome you found something to fill that void left behind when you leave the track! You're absolutely right, in most situations, anybody who races at a professional level (not gentleman drivers) most likely had backing from an either racing-focused or a really well-off family.

You're also correct about trying to get normal people to understand what real karting is. Usually when I tell someone I go kart, I see them crack a smile, and have to explain that I'm talking about a serious machine that can corner at two to three g's and hit highway speeds in the straights.
    - Evan - Karting Thread - YouTube -

Friggin awesome. I so would love to get into this.

2004 ZHP Sedan | Jet Black : Natural Brown : 6MT : OEM Navi : TRS Xenon retrofit : Khoalty Angel Eyes : Homelink retrofit : BMW Performance Intake|SSK : BC Coilovers : Z4M FCABs and RTABs : StopTech Cross-Drilled Rotors : Motorsport Hardware Stud Kit and 12mm Spacers : Kinesis K28

2004 B6 A4 Ultrasport Arctic White : Black : 1.8T : Quattro : 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by TWong1200 View Post
    Friggin awesome. I so would love to get into this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    +1!
    If you want to get into motorsport, this is one of the cheapest ways (less maybe auto-x). A used setup like mine can be had a for a few thousand, depending on what you're looking at. But for between 3 and 5 thousand (again, depending on engine package) you can find a reasonably recent package that is ready to hit the track! It's also a great way to learn how to set up the chassis and gearing, giving you valuable tools that might be handy one day on a full-sized track car.

Any updates!

Marin and I went to an indoor facility near Dulles today.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410731485.637037.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  345.2 KB

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Wow, how'd I miss this?

Are these shifter karts? I couldn't see too well in the photos if they were or not.

In SCCA autox they have Kart-Mod classes that have shifter karts and they seem like an absolute blast. I would love to strap myself to one of those one day.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Any updates!

Marin and I went to an indoor facility near Dulles today.
    Gotten lazy, update will come tomorrow, I've done a fair bit of work. First real race is Saturday!

Looks like a really nice place, hope you had a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    Wow, how'd I miss this?

Are these shifter karts? I couldn't see too well in the photos if they were or not.

In SCCA autox they have Kart-Mod classes that have shifter karts and they seem like an absolute blast. I would love to strap myself to one of those one day.
    Mine is a single speed w/ centrifugal clutch. My first real kart so didn't want to get too deep into it, but shifters are looking nice toward the future!

Quote Originally Posted by E_Rak View Post
    Gotten lazy, update will come tomorrow, I've done a fair bit of work. First real race is Saturday!

Looks like a really nice place, hope you had a good time.

Mine is a single speed w/ centrifugal clutch. My first real kart so didn't want to get too deep into it, but shifters are looking nice toward the future!
    Nice. I've done some minor karting at some places for fun (we've put together a couple endurance events) and they are such a blast....but take a toll on your body so much.

What is the top speed on those?

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    Nice. I've done some minor karting at some places for fun (we've put together a couple endurance events) and they are such a blast....but take a toll on your body so much.

What is the top speed on those?
    Really gearing dependent, probably 60 or 65 in a normal situation, more so if you geared it really tall. About 15 hp.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast