Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    'Dipped' in flat black to protect the Imola paint underneith..........uhm.......yeah.......right!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I dipped my car, in Imola, to save, the Imola.

"No flamesuit required"
    Like... a... BAUCE.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Looks like this would be a great project for someone who's willing to shell out lots of $$$$$$ to fully sort out this car......

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Looks like this would be a great project for someone who's willing to shell out lots of $$$$$$ to fully sort out this car......
    This car is priced wayyyyy too high

Sent from in the bushes

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

Quote Originally Posted by mbeckel View Post
    This car is priced wayyyyy too high

Sent from in the bushes
    I disagree. If the ad states that there are $12,000 in receipts for just 2014 alone, then some money was spent on the car. If most of that is maintenance (and if the statement is true), I'd say that's a pretty darned good deal. It's a 6-speed, Imola on Imola, highly desireable. If I could judge the exterior of the car based on the interior's condition, I'd say that car was well kept based on the pictures.

Plus, you're all jumping to conclusions about why the car was dipped. Never judge a book by its cover. If I was looking at M3's to buy, I wouldn't disregard this one. As a buyer, If I was to actually end up buying it, however, I would make him remove the dip as a condition of buying it, and proceed with the sale after the deposit if the paint checks out good underneath.

Remember when Dario was looking for a M3 to buy? He had a hell of a time finding an M3 that was in this price range that had a 6-speed manual. The 6MT cars seem to carry a premium...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I disagree. If the ad states that there are $12,000 in receipts for just 2014 alone, then some money was spent on the car. If most of that is maintenance (and if the statement is true), I'd say that's a pretty darned good deal. It's a 6-speed, Imola on Imola, highly desireable. If I could judge the exterior of the car based on the interior's condition, I'd say that car was well kept based on the pictures.

Plus, you're all jumping to conclusions about why the car was dipped. Never judge a book by its cover. If I was looking at M3's to buy, I wouldn't disregard this one. As a buyer, If I was to actually end up buying it, however, I would make him remove the dip as a condition of buying it, and proceed with the sale after the deposit if the paint checks out good underneath.

Remember when Dario was looking for a M3 to buy? He had a hell of a time finding an M3 that was in this price range that had a 6-speed manual. The 6MT cars seem to carry a premium...
    Very solid points there. The condition of the paint is my largest concern with this car. It's funny that you mentioned Dario in this, he reached out for help in finding his M3. I stumbled upon the one he bought in Denver's craigslist, saw the color combo and instantly knew he had to buy it! Glad it worked out for him as well, he helped someone in need, and also got the car he wanted.

Sent from in the bushes

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

... The 6MT cars seem to carry a premium...
    6MT ///Ms do carry a premium... that's why a good friend of mine did the SMG to 6MT conversion on his and then sold his car for just over $30k, a 2004 ///M with just over 54k miles on it...

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=488859

6MT ///Ms do carry a premium... that's why a good friend of mine did the SMG to 6MT conversion on his and then sold his car for just over $30k, a 2004 ///M with just over 54k miles on it...

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=488859
    His is a very unusual case. M3's don't usually sell for anywhere near that, even with that mileage.
    His car was just darned near immaculate. It's one of those cars that you'll spend a year or two trying to find. He put a ton of time and money into it, and it showed.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

His is a very unusual case. M3's don't usually sell for anywhere near that, even with that mileage.
    His car was just darned near immaculate. It's one of those cars that you'll spend a year or two trying to find. He put a ton of time and money into it, and it showed.
    ....and now the car is parked on the mean streets of Manhattan by the new owner....won't stay immaculate for long unfortunately....

....and now the car is parked on the mean streets of Manhattan by the new owner....won't stay immaculate for long unfortunately....
    I wish I could make this a lot bigger:

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast