Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Update:

I've been running the new OS for a while now (KitKat) and have to say that I quite like it. It doesn't really seem to be any faster from a functional perspective, but certain things are a lot easier to get to now, such as screen brightness, WiFi controls, and a couple of other things, all thanks to the swipe-down settings control.

I've also found the hidden built-in function for switching off the display! After trying numerous apps to do the job, all of which resulted in the unit rebooting itself, this trick actually works nearly perfectly. To turn the display off, hold the MUTE button for a second or two. The screen will turn off but all functions that are currently active will still be active, such as radio or iPod. I believe spoken nav directions should still work, but I don't use the voiceover so I haven't tested it yet. When the screen is tapped, the screen comes back on immediately. My only gripe is that whenever you change the volume from the steering wheel, the screen comes back on to show the volume slider bar, at which point you'd have to manually go back and turn the screen off. It isn't a big deal, just an annoying glitch.

Unfortunately, my backup camera has ceased to function. Now I just get "No Signal".
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Update:

I've been running the new OS for a while now (KitKat) and have to say that I quite like it. It doesn't really seem to be any faster from a functional perspective, but certain things are a lot easier to get to now, such as screen brightness, WiFi controls, and a couple of other things, all thanks to the swipe-down settings control.

I've also found the hidden built-in function for switching off the display! After trying numerous apps to do the job, all of which resulted in the unit rebooting itself, this trick actually works nearly perfectly. To turn the display off, hold the MUTE button for a second or two. The screen will turn off but all functions that are currently active will still be active, such as radio or iPod. I believe spoken nav directions should still work, but I don't use the voiceover so I haven't tested it yet. When the screen is tapped, the screen comes back on immediately. My only gripe is that whenever you change the volume from the steering wheel, the screen comes back on to show the volume slider bar, at which point you'd have to manually go back and turn the screen off. It isn't a big deal, just an annoying glitch.

Unfortunately, my backup camera has ceased to function. Now I just get "No Signal".
    Awesome! I'll try out that mute thing when I get in the car later.

For the backup camera, try messing with the stuff under Driver Settings or Accessibility in the Settings section.

2004 Silbergrau Metallic ZHP

Xenon // Silver Cube // Clear Euro Light Set // M Style Gauges // Matte Black Grilles // Coby Alcantara Steering Wheel + Armrest // Android Navigation + Backup Camera // PedalBox Throttle Controller

Quote Originally Posted by duhmiko View Post
    Awesome! I'll try out that mute thing when I get in the car later.

For the backup camera, try messing with the stuff under Driver Settings or Accessibility in the Settings section.
    The camera previously worked, it just stopped working. It's definitely not a setting issue...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quick update regarding the screen off feature:

While holding mute for a few seconds does turn the display off, the display comes back on when a button is pressed or a function used. I did find an even better way to switch the screen off: simply double tap an empty space on one of the homescreens and the display will not only switch off, but will not turn back on if you change volume. To bring the display back, just press the Back or Home buttons.

I actually discovered this a few months ago, just forgot to post it.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567