Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Parrot's New Apple CarPlay / Android Auto Solution

Now this is what I've been waiting for!

While Apple CarPlay and Android Auto promise to make your car's in-dash system infinitely more bearable in the not so distant future, you're still stuck in the unfortunate position of having to choose between one or the other. Not so Parrot's whimsically named RNB6, which lets you go both ways. Oh, and it has a dash cam built right in.
    The rest of the Gizmodo article

+1000 on the CarPlay/Android Auto support.. big fat ZERO for no volume knob, if not multiple knobs. Using touch for everything (other than the flat buttons that are there) are a big non-starter for me.

It would be wicked if someone would build a similar rig that's only single-DIN on the back end and could be adapted to E39/E46's. All that offshore crap that's floating around with E46 compatibility leaves me stone cold.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

i love the compatibility and ease of syncing multiple apple products (apple TV for instance, I'm a huge apple supporter but not one of those elitist nut jobs). i saw this article on giz earlier today and i like this a lot. idk how i feel about the lack of knobs itself but the interface is clean and the unit itself from an aesthetic/structural standpoint looks really nice.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

The depth seems like it would work well with the e46. I am going to probably try this when it comes out.

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

I like this option. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Tnhl1989 View Post
    The depth seems like it would work well with the e46. I am going to probably try this when it comes out.
    Looking forward to seeing how this plays out Tony

It looks like there are plus/minus buttons, that I assume can control volume. I know they aren't a knob, but at least there's something physical (it seems).

Sent from my iPhone

out of curiosity,

Pioneer has their "entry" level

http://www.redmondpie.com/pioneer-ca...arts-shipping/

thats about the price point i was expecting them to start. parrot's unit is a bit more clean/simple as far the the unit's aesthetics.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    thats about the price point i was expecting them to start. parrot's unit is a bit more clean/simple as far the the unit's aesthetics.
    I absolutely agree. I hope we can find a nice bracket that will compliment our dashboard. If not, a custom fascia from Marc Watkins? LOLOL (JP, Dane?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast