Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

LCM Software Update to 4.5 - Enable Triple Flash (and more)! -- $70 + core

As some of you are aware, I started researching how to update LCMs on these cars (see thread here). With the help of a few members here, I've determined that SW 3.6 LCMs can be updated. Unfortunately it's not exactly a trivial process. You have to solder right to the CPU to flash the updated software. So with the approval of the staff, I have decided to offer an LCM upgrade/exchange service. After the flash, the LCM will be seen as a 4.5 / CI37 model, and will be capable of triple flash signals (demo below).

Only the SW 3.6 LCMs (pictured below) can be updated. Most ZHPs will already have the 3.6 LCMs; they're found on all 2004 and 2005 models, as well as some very late 2003 models. I have an updated LCM on hand that I can offer in exchange for your stock unit as a core. Right now I can only do exchanges for LCMs originally from sedans or M3s with bixenons. For everything else, I'll need you to send me your LCM.

When you get my LCM, it will not come with a faceplate; transfer yours over to it. The unit will be in a factory state - 0 miles, a blank VIN, and a blank VO. These particulars can be repopulated very quickly with NCS Expert. After coding, you will not have a tamper dot. If you cannot or will not use NCS Expert, let me know, and I will precode the LCM before shipping.

My fee for this service is $70 programming + $50 core (refundable) + true cost of shipping. The core fee will be refunded after confirming your LCM is of the correct variety and functional. It will not apply if you send me your LCM directly. I accept payment by PayPal only, unless you happen to be local to me.

If interested, please post here and send me a PM. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask (whether in this thread or via PM)

Terra, thanks for all your hard work and for creating this thread. I have a Canadian 2004 330i (non ZHP) with auto-leveling bi-xenons. I wish to participate in this but want to buy a separate LCM from the forums or ebay and send it to you for coding.

Question is what is the part number that I am looking for which will ensure that the LCM I buy supports:
    1) auto-leveling
    2) automatic (circuitry for RLS sensor input)
    3) Bi-xenon headlamps
    4) Facelift Sedan

I know I currently have a 25/3.6 LCM in the car (through PAsoft logs) but I cannot pull it out to check the exact part number on it. Am I limited to just the part number picture above? (61316936828). Many thanks!

There are a couple other part numbers that will work, though your car should have 61316936828 if it's a 2004 model with bixenons, auto leveling, and auto headlamps. I don't actually need one with auto headlamps (no extra circuitry for that; the faceplate is enough), but all US-spec cars from MY2004 came with those.

Other part numbers that should work:
    • 61316936838 (US/Can Xenons, no rain sensor)
    • 61316936824 (Euro xenons, no rain sensor)
    • 61316936826 (Euro xenons, rain sensor)

If the label says "SW:3.6" and "dyn" - it should be acceptable.

Ok cool.

The additional circuitry inside is required for input from the auto-leveling sensors (located on the control arms), correct? I think I mis-typed above for the automatic on/off functionality.

Also, will the US sedan/coupe LCMs without bi-xenons have a different part number than 61316936828?

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Ok cool.

The additional circuitry inside is required for input from the auto-leveling sensors (located on the control arms), correct? I think I mis-typed above for the automatic on/off functionality.

Also, will the US sedan/coupe LCMs without bi-xenons have a different part number than 61316936828?
    This is correct. The auto-leveling is extra circuitry, which I believe is what is represented by "dyn" on the LCM label.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Thanks BP!

Quote Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
    Thanks BP!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Good stuff Terra!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

If anyone would like to partake in this service, please sign up.

1. USERNAME - - - - - - - - - SERVICE REQUESTED
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    So... what is the "and more"?
    $70 + shipping + time... for triple flash isn't blowing my skirt up yet.

BMW CCA # 510252

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast