Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If anyone would like to partake in this service, please sign up.

1. USERNAME - - - - - - - - - SERVICE REQUESTED
    Is there other programming other than the firmware update? I mean, if we didn't need to do the VIN, mileage, etc..

I really have no idea what I am doing

Quote Originally Posted by Simmsled View Post
    So... what is the "and more"?
    $70 + shipping + time... for triple flash isn't blowing my skirt up yet.
    Nothing too major. Tail lights on with DRLs, city lights as DRLs, and bixenons as flash to pass even with headlights off come to mind.

I know the price won't be loved by everyone, but the fact of the matter is that it's not the easiest or quickest mod in the world, and doing it for significantly less wouldn't be worth my time. In the thread I linked to in the main post, I did post a diagram of the CPU pins that you need to solder to, and I posted the binaries you have to flash. You can do the flash yourself if you've already got an acceptable programmer. The units that are natively 4.0/4.5 sell for $200 typically for whatever it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrogs_M3 View Post
    Is there other programming other than the firmware update? I mean, if we didn't need to do the VIN, mileage, etc..
    Not really

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    The units that are natively 4.0/4.5 sell for $200 typically for whatever it's worth.
    Let's not forget that used units that are 4.0/4.5 are hard to find. New ones can be upwards of $300, depending on where and when you shop...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

The cost of this is very fair IMO. Instead of searching long and hard for the elusive 4.0/4.5 software, you can pay less than what you would find those LCMs for and get the same functions.

Props to Terra for providing this and sharing it so those who do not want to pay can do it themselves. (though it's probably more expensive to buy the programmer to do it themselves)

1. USERNAME - - - - - - - - - SERVICE REQUESTED
    2. Bullfrog --- Firmware Flash

I really hope that first person drops out so i can be first in line.

I really have no idea what I am doing

I would have to say this beats the pants to any deal out there. 1. Soldering is very difficult especially small cpu boards. It's quite time consuming actually. Majority of the time is base of the research and the ability to do this correctly. 2. The LCM is difficult to find. I happen to come across my 4.5 on ebay and that took about 2-3 years of searching and I happen to find it in a EBAY Canada listing. 3. The coding part is the easier and quickest part and overtime the ease of driving makes it seem more up to date. 4. New LCM is 300-400 and possibly NLA. 5. $30-60 (old lcm 3.6) + $70 + shipping = $100-150 tops.

I love rear fogs for tailgaters and bad weather. I enjoy the triple blink since I'm use to it in every new car. Additional coding really helps all in all. I spent many hours doing this myself and I can really support the fact that Terra is offering this. Overall great price for a great advantage. I could probably flip my 4.5 LCM for a good amount of change and keep the 3.6 modified however the 4.5 is super rare similar to my car having side bolster and rear sunshade.

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

This is sweet! I already have triple blink so just here to say thanks. Also triple blink and other features really make driving more pleasurable.

Very nice service! I lucked out on a cheap local 4.0, but would probably pay up to get the feature. Such a tiny detail that makes a big difference.
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

^ Yep, I tried to talk Colin out of his 4.0 LCM and he said no that he really liked that feature. (I shouldn't have told him and just swapped it! But OBE now. I got one from Giya!!)

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    Thanks for the kind words guys. I hope I'm not coming across as taking advantage of you guys - that's not my intention. I did try to make this as open as possible, and am offering this as a service because I know that there are a decent number of folks out there uncomfortable with electrical work, especially with small pitch surface mount components. If I ever figure out a way to do the flash over the OBDII port, I'd post that up for free without asking for any compensation.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast