Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Lol... 4 and a half...

Sent from my iPhone

I couldn't let my car go 7-8k or even 10k without an oil change, even running over engineered stuff like amsoil (syn).

Whew.

Carry on.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I couldn't let my car go 7-8k or even 10k without an oil change, even running over engineered stuff like amsoil (syn).

Whew.

Carry on.
    If you're happy with short intervals then do what makes you happy.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post

Whew.

Carry on.
    I'm with you - cheap insurance for prolonged engine life. Originally I was going 4k on BMW Castrol syn, but have since gone back to 3K...and I have yet to have any VANOS or CCV troubles. Not worth the little bit of extra savings to me.

-Brettski

Quote Originally Posted by brettbimmer View Post
    I'm with you - cheap insurance for prolonged engine life...I have yet to have any VANOS or CCV troubles...Not worth the little bit of extra savings to me.
    +1

5k for me.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by brettbimmer View Post
    I'm with you - cheap insurance for prolonged engine life. Originally I was going 4k on BMW Castrol syn, but have since gone back to 3K...and I have yet to have any VANOS or CCV troubles. Not worth the little bit of extra savings to me.
    I think without drawing a Blackstone sample and doing conservatively what they say, you're just throwing your money away. Even at 7500 miles, very likely, your oil is performing like new regarding additives.

"No flamesuit required"
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I think without drawing a Blackstone sample and doing conservatively what they say, you're just throwing your money away. Even at 7500 miles, very likely, your oil is performing like new regarding additives.

"No flamesuit required"
    Brett doesn't drive his ZHP often enough to warrant waiting till 7500 miles. I don't think he drives it that much per year, even. For him, it would make sense to do it sooner.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Autozone.com
    Yes it's those half track days that will get you!

Actually thinking about why I got high lead and iron (and boron?) readings, besides the crash and running the motor without the filter. After it was fixed, I helped instruct at a car control clinic. During lunchtime I took my car on the skid pad and tried to do some drifting. While I couldn't break the rear tires loose much (255mm Michelin PSS on mostly dry pavement), I turned a bunch of tight circles in both direction. That could have led to oil starvation too.

Also the day before changing the oil and collecting the UOA sample, I changed the filter, loosening the filter housing and letting the old filter drain a lot of old oil back into the filter housing. Maybe that was a dumb move, as oil could have carried trapped contaminants from the filter back into the sump. (Which is the dirty side of the filter, the inside or outside?)

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    Lol... 4 and a half...
    Sent from my iPhone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123