Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Car won't start

Wow I was going to weigh in with some marginally useful opinion, but you already got the new FP and fixed the problem. So congratulations and good work!

I think the answer is that a healthy batter should show at least 12.4 to 12.6V when resting and 13-14V with the motor running. Maybe below 12.2V resting is time for to check the electrolyte levels (if not a maintenance free battery) or replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    Wow I was going to weigh in with some marginally useful opinion, but you already got the new FP and fixed the problem.
    Not yet. Right?

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    Wow I was going to weigh in with some marginally useful opinion, but you already got the new FP and fixed the problem. So congratulations and good work!

I think the answer is that a healthy batter should show at least 12.4 to 12.6V when resting and 13-14V with the motor running. Maybe below 12.2V resting is time for to check the electrolyte levels (if not a maintenance free battery) or replace it.
    Thanks! I'll check the running levels but I'll probably end up changing the battery in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Not yet. Right?

The new fuel pump solved the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by poke08 View Post
    Thanks! I'll check the running levels but I'll probably end up changing the battery in a few weeks.

The new fuel pump solved the issue.
    Ahh I missed that. Glad to hear it. Pretty easy job, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Ahh I missed that. Glad to hear it. Pretty easy job, right?

Yup, pretty straight forward. I helped my brother change his fuel pump in his Evo ix last week so I figured it'd be relatively similar.

You good bro!

Good news.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I checked it using the OBC and the voltage was around 12 when the car was off. That's normal right?

Just got done installing the fuel pump and she fired up. Gonna drive around and make sure everything else is good now.
    nice, that was quick, good work!

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I checked it using the OBC and the voltage was around 12 when the car was off. That's normal right?

Just got done installing the fuel pump and she fired up. Gonna drive around and make sure everything else is good now.
    A brand new battery will read 12.6V. As the battery ages the internal resistance increases so the voltage across the terminals will decrease. It happens at a pretty steady rate so you can gauge the health of a battery pretty accurately by just measuring the voltage. Mine was down to 11.7V when I replaced mine and at that point it was cranking significantly slower than normal in the morning.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Autozone.com
    Thanks guys! I'll check the running voltage now and see what it says.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast