Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    Rusty, I'm one of those guys who has the car waxed once every 4-6 months. Twice a year on average; three times if we get crazy weather and conditions that warrant a little more.
    I wax my car every 2 weeks. I strip the wax and re-do it. Call me crazy

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

I won't call you crazy. I'm guessing that you find the exercise therapeutic? Or is there some other reason?

In the sticks in Parker County Texas (WNW of Ft. Worth)
    Rusty, I'm one of those guys who has the car waxed once every 4-6 months. Twice a year on average; three times if we get crazy weather and conditions that warrant a little more.
    LOL, I knew I was going to step in it with that comment, the only thing I was waiting to hear was how many people had a different opinion.

As I understand it, waxing too often is more from the perspective of it just not being necessary rather than it causing any kind of problem. It's a bonding experience for a lot of folks. But I've generally always felt bonded enough with bikes and cars to figure a good regular wash is sufficient to keep the relationship strong.

Rusty

I won't call you crazy. I'm guessing that you find the exercise therapeutic? Or is there some other reason?
    I do enjoy doing it, and it is relaxing...yes, that is true.

But the main reason is that the beading starts to break down ever-so slightly, I can notice when it does it and I love tight beading...so I just strip and throw on a new layer. Especially during the summer when the car was outside 24/7, I found this important as every 2-3 weeks the wax would start to break down

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyh View Post
    LOL, I knew I was going to step in it with that comment, the only thing I was waiting to hear was how many people had a different opinion.

As I understand it, waxing too often is more from the perspective of it just not being necessary rather than it causing any kind of problem. It's a bonding experience for a lot of folks. But I've generally always felt bonded enough with bikes and cars to figure a good regular wash is sufficient to keep the relationship strong.

Rusty
    Haha. I don't even wax my own cars, so I don't get a chance to bond. I also typically have someone else wash my cars, too. If my cars ever wanted to break up, I'd understand.

Kyle, that works for me. Wax on, brother.

Haha. I don't even wax my own cars, so I don't get a chance to bond. I also typically have someone else wash my cars, too. If my cars ever wanted to break up, I'd understand.

Kyle, that works for me. Wax on, wax off brother.
    Fixed
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Gorgeous car and great write-up. I've got the Pristine Clean but still need the Rejuvenator Oil. Also need to get on this before it's to cold to get the most out of it. Thanks for the trash bag and horse hair brush tips too, have beautiful fresh seats in my future!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234