Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

M0nk3y Detailed: BMW Z4M Interior + Leatherique Write-Up

I'd figure I would post this for some people who always here me raving about leatherique...here is why:

Car was really dusty on the interior, my dad who picked it up had muddy feet apparently, so in addition to doing my seats I cleaned everything up.

Before:

Now the Leatherique:

Seats were in really good shape, but there was some wearing on both sides where you usually would slide your thigh getting in and out.

Before:

Leatherique Suggests you use about 4oz per seat, of Leather Rejuvenator Oil. I followed this on my E46 and I did the same. Some seats will soak more in, some might be less. It's all to your discretion. I love using a foam brush to apply it. You can also use a painters brush to apply as well. Whatever works for you.

Applying the to the seats, you will feel like 4oz is way too much per seat. It isn't. If you think you are applying too much, then keep on going at it. You're doing it the right way:

When done. I put garage bags over them. It reduces the mess when I work around the seats, and it helps trap heat in.

While waiting, I cleaned the rest of the interior in my OCD fashion. (You usually want the Leatherique on the seats for 8-12 hours in bright sunlight).

When that time is up, remove the garage bags. You will see that most of that goop liquid has been absorbed. That's why you need 4oz of Leather Rejuvenator.

Now it's time to take your Pristine Clean and attach a sprayer to it. It's the easiest way to do it. You want to spray your seat each section at a time. You need to coat it pretty good as well with this product. You need enough so it starts dripping down the seat. That's a good sign you have enough

I use a horse hair brush now to scrub away at the seats. Make sure you get into the stitches. The seat is going to be sticky until you do this step. If you need to, do it over again.

Take a MF towel then, and wipe away the residue. I usually spray again with Pristine Clean and wipe down to make sure I didn't miss anything.

You're DONE!

Remember those before pictures?

And general shots of the interior:

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

M0nk3y.....nicely done. Car is tasty and delicious. I am glad you own this car. It is well deserved my friend. I also appreciate the amount of time it took to write the diy, take pics, etc. You are a geat asset to the site!!! There's only one thing left to say.......

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks Dane, that means alot

Lol...I knew that was coming from someone.

It's dust...still. Oh the downsides to owning a DSLR

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    Thanks Dane, that means alot

Lol...I knew that was coming from someone.

It's dust...still. Oh the downsides to owning a DSLR
    Just playin..........nice car/nice camera bro. You're setup about perfect.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

spencers Guest
    Great job! The horse hair brush makes a HUGE difference when using the Prestine Clean!
    Last edited by spencers; 03-18-2011 at 11:54 AM.

That is by far one of the best products I use on my car, I do the same but never tried a brush. I usually massage it in and then cover it like you did and then shut the doors lol.

Car looks great! I can't wait for a nice 90 plus degree day to treat my seats now.

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

Great writeup, Kyle. Love the pics.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Thanks, I ordered some the other day, looking forward to it.
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t

Soooo awesome Kyle!! The interior is the perfect euro setup, black leather/aluminum trim! The pics came out really good too

The Leatherique products work amazingly well! I wish I had a car with leather again to use them

Great write up! Do you recommend this for seats that are in good shape or is it mainly for seats that have been "worn". John
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast