Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Common Names for Various Lights

What do we call these lights on the front of the car?
    #2 seems to be the high and low beam, so what is #1? I'm not sure if my bulbs in there are burned out, and I just don't know when these are supposed to be lit up.
    Not labeled is the fog light in the bumper, barely visible in these photos.

#1 has the white reversing light and a red light. What do we call this?
    #2 has a turn signal and red light, this one is called the... tail light? Rear corner marker?

#1 is daytime running lights (DRL's). #2 is High Intensity Discharge (HID's). DRL'S can be disabled for aesthetic reasons.

"No flamesuit required"
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Front:
    1 - is DRL as dane said. It is also click to flash high-beam.
    2 - is lowbeam and on our cars it is a bi-xenon which allows it to be hi beam and low beam.

Rear:
    1 - is the inner rear taillight
    2 - is the outer rear taillight

1 is also a secondary high-beam if you program it correctly...

Here's a shot of the dash from when I first bought the car. I've since fixed the taillight.

I'd like to fix the 'headlight out' warning. Since the daytime running lights never come on I'm inclined to believe that's the problem. The fog lights are an HID aftermarket setup with a box that says 'canbus' or similar (can't remember exactly), which could also be the culprit.

The car could be programmed to have the DRLs off by default, but would that cause the 'headlight out' warning?