Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

sold please delete

Edit: car is sold, thanks!
    Last edited by getfast; 02-17-2015 at 02:18 PM. Reason: car sold

GLWS

"No flamesuit required"
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Dibs ! Hehe

Have you been able to troubleshoot this (glad you disclosed it): "Occasional very cold start issue. Idles rough for a few seconds then stalls until about the 3rd or 4th try and sometimes won't start until you try again in a few minutes, but only after being parked outside in below-freezing temps for a day or more. I'm unsure of the cause but has been happening occasionally for more than a year. A local pro was unable to find the problem recently because it wasn't cold enough to duplicate. If you live in a southern state or garage the car in the winter this will never happen, but it could be an issue this time of year so I thought I would mention it."

GLWS

Nope, with my limited skills and talent I haven't been able to isolate anything - no codes and everything seems fine. Fuel pump tested fine last summer, voltage and fuel pressure seem ok, battery is from dealer in 2012, etc.

Swapped MAF on a whim, same issue.

Dealership recently had it for 4 days, wasn't cold enough to make the problem happen. Next time it's 15 degrees outside for a few days I'll leave it back up there and see what they come up with, if it's not sold by then of course.

Not a problem & never happens if the car is garaged in winter or otherwise never parked for too long during a deep freeze. (Even then, drive it the night before and it'll typically fire right up in the morning.) Adding a heat source like a light bulb or heating pad under the hood/under the engine bay seems to help if not fixit altogether. Or in a southern state where it was always above 32, nobody would ever have this issue. It's been going on for a while and doesn't seem to be getting any worse. Weird, eh?

Minor concern but didn't want to be dishonest as it could affect some folks interested in buying the car this time of year.

I would bet a case of beer that it is a leaky injector(s).

Is the throttle non-responsive for a short period and then runs fine afterward?

BMW CCA # 510252

The injector would be an internal leak, not something you would see.
    You would smell unburned gas out of the tail on warm startup if it were.
    Good to hear you got it fixed!

BMW CCA # 510252

Ahhh!!!

Forum and phone went crazy double post.

BMW CCA # 510252

Looks like you did a great job maintaining it. Make sure throttle body and idle control valve are clean and with good o-rings. GLWS!
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Car has been sold, mods please feel free to delete this thread. Thanks again!