Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    I think this is great advice. Other shock options: stock-equivalent Sachs/Boge (the route I chose, plus all the other stuff above). I did mine at 53k miles. The FCABs were toast, and the shocks were done too. The stock shocks are probably good for 30-40k miles before they're significantly worn. Koni Yellows will last much longer, perhaps 100k, and Bilstein HDs (another good option) are guaranteed for life (same owner) and are easily good for well beyond 100k. But 145k on stock suspension? Dude, you're not driving a car, you're captaining a ship! You won't believe the difference if you do the full refresh. Good luck!

Well you guys are at least getting me excited about a refresh! Apparently I was under the incorrect impression that it shocks/struts were a binary type failure item, not something that'll get progressively worse. Good to know!!

Thinking I'll probably try the FSDs. I have akg poly CABs, but haven't replaced the CAs yet. Should I hold out or just do it? I know our ball joints last longer, but not sure how much longer...

Thanks for all the input!

Sent from my iPhone

I did all OEM when I refreshed mine. Shocks + M3 mounts, struts + hats, control arms, Z4M bushings, M3 RTAB, tie rods. Ran me about $850 IIRC.
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Anyone know how much the lowering would be from the stock zip height with the Pro Kit?

Kinda thinking that might be a good option if it's just a little.

Eibach is the most "daily driver" friendly lowering spring to my knowledge.

If you're gonna do springs and struts together you almost might as well do a cup kit or just straight up coilovers

GoingHAM mobile
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post

If you're gonna do springs and struts together you almost might as well do a cup kit or just straight up coilovers

GoingHAM mobile
    How high can I get coil overs to be? (What is, a question no on has ever asked.)

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Just_George View Post
    I installed the reinforcement plates on the front struts and rear shocks - they're cheap, and I found that I did have some 'mushrooming' on the right front strut tower, so hoping to prevent any further damage.
    Do the reinforcement plates help if there's already a strut bar? Or is it a one-or-the-other kind of deal?

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    How high can I get coil overs to be? (What is, a question no on has ever asked.)

Sent from my iPhone
    Stock?

"No flamesuit required"
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Do the reinforcement plates help if there's already a strut bar? Or is it a one-or-the-other kind of deal?
    They both help. The plates are really cheap though, < $10 a side.
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post

GoingHAM mobile

well, yes and no - i think a lot depends on the person who is piloting the car. some folks like a 'set and forget' type of suspension, which, as i get older, i kinda like too. BUT it has to be right. and in that vein (the vein of 'right'), rarely does one mention spring rate when discussing lowering springs - because i would assume that the ZHP springs have a very good F/R balance, and that the pro-kits would a slightly more front-biased spring rate (stiffer up front), as lowering springs tend to be that way - although the pro-kits, from previous research, have almost always proven to be the most neutral choice for lowering springs, rate-wise. i would considering the pro-kits if i could get the spring rate info AND my rear springs were toast.

coilovers are great if you can actually get the spring rates from the manufacturer (or you could just call up ground control and have them build you what you want). i just personally don't want to be changing the F/R rate bias as i feel the stock ZHP springs are actually quite amazing.

Sent from my iPhone
    it depends on the manufacturer and model of the coilovers, but generally they do not go as high as they have a shorter stroke than standard springs and shocks/struts. however, with the ZHP being a bit lower than a 'stock' car, they might be pretty close.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Hmm hmm hmm...

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what's the advantage to coil overs aside from being able to adjust the height and firmness?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast