Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Stett Performance Silicone Intake Boots Group Buy

Group Buy is currently closed

Good Afternoon everyone

I received an email from Stett Performance offering to do a group buy for their non-M intake boots. Not sure if there's interest or not but I can tell you that compared to the much cheaper OEM intake boots, these are so much better!

Based on the email above, I'm setting up a group buy for those interested in getting a set for their ZHP's

Taken from their web site…

They're offered in three colors: black, blue, and red. As you can see in the above picture, pricing for the intake boots are shown. If you're interested in getting a set then feel free to put yourself on the list and we'll see how many people we can get. I haven't heard what the minimum amount of committed people will be to satisfy the group buy so when I find out I will update this page I'm getting a spare set because by the time I will need to replace my current ones, I might have difficulty sourcing these….

Quote Originally Posted by BCS_ZHP View Post
    A point to consider guys, these Stett boots are not merely bling. Look at the OEM upper boot, it's shaped nicely and smooth on the inside and outside. Now look at the lower boot, it's corrugated to make the bend to connect to the throttle body (TB). The Stett boots are silicone, smooth on both the inside and outside, both the upper and lower boots. What's this mean, as your air is induced into your engine, you want the smoothest, least turbulent air flow, that allows the air to compress itself from the force of induction and then fuel to blend with the denser, more compressed air more efficiently. However, our stock intake boots are corrugated just before the air enters the TB, this introduces some turbulence in the air flow, breaks up any compression of the air that has occurred to that point, turbulence does not permit the air to blend with the air most efficiently. Not sure how much, if any, change this would show on a dyno, but you can feel it in the butt dyno when combined with other mods.
    EDIT: from Stett Performance - 10 or more interested parties the price shipped will be $125 per order.

This is probably the best pricing you will get for one of these performance intake boots I will add that this is much cheaper than what I paid for my Stett Performance intake boots.

When signing up for a set please include your username, name and what color:

1. cakM3 (Charlie) - Black
    2. TheFinanceGuy (Patrick) - Red
    3. Vas - Black
    4. sillieidiot (Hieu) - Black
    5. Fenrir (Ben) - Blue
    6. NoVAphotog (Daniel) - Black
    7. az3579 (Botond) - Black
    8. elcid86 (Shawn) - 2ea, Black and Black
    9. Plague (Erik) - Black
    10. tnhl1989 (Tony) - Black
    11. Jconlin16 (Jay) - Black
    12. NMZHP (Don) - Black
    13. warrenbrown (Warren) - Black
    14. Just_George (George) - Black
    15. danewilson77 (Boss) - Black
    16. slater (Peter) - Black

I will be submitting my current list to Stett Performance since I now have the 10 minimum orders to complete the group buy Vas, once I get your PayPal info I will also forward your info to Stett as part of the group buy. I will proceed with what I now have to start the group buy with Stett Performance. Thanks guys for supporting this group buy!!!

Group Buy is currently closed
    Last edited by cakM3; 02-23-2015 at 06:34 AM.

well darn. I just replaced my rubber ones a last year. I am definitely interested in hearing real world experience. How the fit is compared to stock, etc.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

1. cakM3 (Charlie) - Black
    2. TheFinanceGuy (Patrick) - Red
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake

Oooo

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    well darn. I just replaced my rubber ones a last year. I am definitely interested in hearing real world experience. How the fit is compared to stock, etc.
    The fit is tight as expected. These intake boots are 4 layers thick! They were a tight fit as I was installing them. You can ask Botond. He was there watching me install these. All I can say is that they won't pop off once they're on

Uuuuu lalala

They look really nice, but it freaks me out when venders make blatant mistakes on their websites. The m54 wasn't made in a 2.3l or 2.8l, that "boots are coming soon".

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    They look really nice, but it freaks me out when venders make blatant mistakes on their websites. The m54 wasn't made in a 2.3l or 2.8l, that "boots are coming soon".
    Ry, when they mentioned the 2.3, 2.5, and 2.8 I don't think they were referring to the M54. At least that's how I took it...

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    if i hadn't just replaced intake boots id be down for this, sounds nice.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast