Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

came in 4th in STX sunday, 0.8 sec out of first. Car felt great, ahead of me everyone is 400-500lbs lighter. Had a great opportunity Sunday. my club had hosted an SCCA starting line school on Saturday and the instructors stuck around sunday to compete their rental car. I offered one a free co-drive so that I could take advantage of their experience, both riding with them and them riding with me. I most definitely saw a few things she did better than I do, regarding lines and not over braking, but.... I still somehow managed to be quicker. I was really hoping she would smoke me, indicating my room for improvement was the loose nut behind the wheel. But, the fact that I was more than a second ahead leaves me not knowing how to take the experience...

Love the pink (ish)/rose helmet
    Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

Nice showing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

next JAX SOLO event is sunday on our primary site, decommissioned runway. I bit the bullet and added another level of complication to my setup. going to start running track addict app with gopro video and obdII data from a kiwi3 Bluetooth device.

good timing too. a couple of the clubs ringers were looking for a seat this weekend. so I have two of the best drivers planning to do 3 runs a piece in my ZHP, hopefully looking at the speeds carried, throttle position and braking points in their runs will show me some areas to improve. with race render, the video formatting software that accompanies track addict I will be able to synch side-by-side videos, comparing their runs to mine directly.

Name:  2017-04-10_6-53-02.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  169.0 KB

The two nationally competitive drivers, Ash and Nelson, both took 3 runs in the ZHP. Taking P2, 0.002 out of P1 and P4, about 0.006 ahead of me in P6.

Both really liked the setup in the car and it did feel great riding with them. Definitely picked up a few little things observed from their driving inputs.

Video is side-by-side comparison my best lap, compared to Ash (P2). we appear dead even till the turnaround and subsequent slalom, where he pulls noticeably ahead.
    this was the first time using trackaddict. I don't think the throttle/brake or G-indicator are accurate at all. the g is off bc of the funny angle the phone was mounted. the brake uses accelerometer data from the phone, so maybe the odd mounting angle effected it too...

video is side-by-side comparison between Ash's P2 run compared with the class winner civic si.

don't think there is any doubt the civic can hold the corners better and with a lot less effort. zhp seems to pull out at start and the turnaround on him a bit, but its not nearly enough.

https://youtu.be/9is-E3XL6rw
    ran with a local vette club today. very very short course. pretty sure I surprised more than a few of the vette owners with the ole sedan.

side note, the clutch or drivetrain is now making a new noise when I let 2nd gear out.... it is the original...

Awesome showing!

2004 ZHP Acquired: February 5, 2017
    Lorenzo's Project Thread

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    made an appointment for Tuesday. a few curiosity pulls on a dyno. video and results to follow!

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast