Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

car felt great back on the stock bars. definitely more grip through out turns. results were about the same though.. 3rd in class, about 0.5 sec out of first. 11th overall of 53.

now that I am very happy with the car's setup..... its (coincidentally) time to move on. I love my ZHP, but its destine for mid-STX results, even if my driving improved. Which isn't terrible, I routinely finish in the top 3 locally, but don't want to sink more money into it with little gains. it will most likely be retired from autox after this year. hopefully I can pull off a 2nd or 3rd place for year long championship in STX with my local SCCA club.

I do not plan on parting with the ZHP. But if someone is dying for an STX prepared ZHP and all its extras and stock parts, I would entertain offers, but I suspect any offers wouldn't meet the value I (somewhat) emotionally have for the car.

on to the next project..... I bought a '98 C5 corvette. its an LS1 with 6spd. I bought it from a salvage auction, online, sight unseen. it was totaled for cosmetic damage. what I didn't know when bidding was that it had Trick Flow (aftermarket) heads, big cam, long tube headers, full length 3" exhaust, competition clutch and short throw shifter already installed. I paid $5800 for the vehicle, obviously, there is way more than $5800 already invested by the PO in performance goodies.

I am calling it LS1-KART. the plan is to remove and scrap the body, put a robust cage on it and go have fun. similar to roadkills' C4 hack. I will maintain a build / evnets thread for it on GRM and my youtube channel "KDYGator", link to the thread:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/fo.../129865/page1/

Good luck to you with your new C5! Looks like a great purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    on to the next project..... I bought a '98 C5 corvette. its an LS1 with 6spd. I bought it from a salvage auction, online, sight unseen. it was totaled for cosmetic damage. what I didn't know when bidding was that it had Trick Flow (aftermarket) heads, big cam, long tube headers, full length 3" exhaust, competition clutch and short throw shifter already installed. I paid $5800 for the vehicle, obviously, there is way more than $5800 already invested by the PO in performance goodies.

I am calling it LS1-KART. the plan is to remove and scrap the body, put a robust cage on it and go have fun. similar to roadkills' C4 hack. I will maintain a build / evnets thread for it on GRM and my youtube channel "KDYGator", link to the thread:

NOW we're talking! heck yeah!! i love it. can't wait to see progress.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    NOW we're talking! heck yeah!! i love it. can't wait to see progress.
    +1

now that I am very happy with the car's setup..... its (coincidentally) time to move on. I love my ZHP, but its destine for mid-STX results, even if my driving improved. Which isn't terrible, I routinely finish in the top 3 locally, but don't want to sink more money into it with little gains. it will most likely be retired from autox after this year. hopefully I can pull off a 2nd or 3rd place for year long championship in STX with my local SCCA club.

I do not plan on parting with the ZHP. But if someone is dying for an STX prepared ZHP and all its extras and stock parts, I would entertain offers, but I suspect any offers wouldn't meet the value I (somewhat) emotionally have for the car.

C5 is best Corvette. Congrats and good luck with it!

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Holy shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFrdTfbltQw

I could listen to that thing idle all day. So menacing.

Sounds like a race car at idle

yea.... there was a moment when this thing fired up for the first time were I felt like a lottery winner... I don't have tags on it yet, so I am limited to puttin around my gated neighborhood in first gear... but it certainly disrupts the peace, even at idle. aren't too many engines that sound better than a cam'ed LS.

obviously, I have no idea what else has been done to the motor. but, I do intend on running across the same dyno that the ZHP put down 210hp. I bet, it doubles that.

looks like yall might have some interest in the project... I will post some pics/video from time to time!

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    yea.... there was a moment when this thing fired up for the first time were I felt like a lottery winner... I don't have tags on it yet, so I am limited to puttin around my gated neighborhood in first gear... but it certainly disrupts the peace, even at idle. aren't too many engines that sound better than a cam'ed LS.

obviously, I have no idea what else has been done to the motor. but, I do intend on running across the same dyno that the ZHP put down 210hp. I bet, it doubles that.

looks like yall might have some interest in the project... I will post some pics/video from time to time!
    More than that, please!

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast