Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    I've got the Turner's and will say it was the best addition I ever made. I've owned my ZHP since 12-23-2006 @ 28,090 miles. The Turner Pulley's were installed on 3/7/2009 @ 64,725 miles. Best mpg before was 29.36069 and after (on the way to the 2013 ZHP reunion) 32.07311. The performance upgrade is significantly noticeable and today @ 137,250+ I have only had one issue with the power steering pump that cured itself and may not be related.

(added) Turner makes 2 sets, one for high end stereo, one for max power. I have max power.

One interesting fact: a few years ago, I took a Dinan ZHP for a test drive from EAG with my Son (27) and Son-in-Law (29). The car had a Dinan CAI, Throttle Body & Stage 3 software. During and after the test drive, it was the general consenses, hands down between the three of us, that mine would have undoubtedly left that thing in the dust, was far more responsive, and had significantly more pull
    Great info, I appreciate the feedback. Odd how your experience is drastically different than the others, but if it's working on your car then I guess that's money well spent! So you have the 3 pulley "power" kit which comes with the extra alternator pulley correct? Maybe that's the difference? But 32+ mpg?? That's way more than even the factory spec, which we all know is high to begin with. What are you feeding that thing?!
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Cadeez View Post
    Great info, I appreciate the feedback. Odd how your experience is drastically different than the others, but if it's working on your car then I guess that's money well spent! So you have the 3 pulley "power" kit which comes with the extra alternator pulley correct? Maybe that's the difference? But 32+ mpg?? That's way more than even the factory spec, which we all know is high to begin with. What are you feeding that thing?!
    Yes, that is correct, I am using this 3 pulley set. http://www.turnermotorsport.com/BMW-...r-pulleys.aspx As for the food: mainly V-Power and the MAX mpg was just after I installed new NGK plugs but, before I changed out the my Dinan CAI filter.

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

No problem, Peter. I have every tank of gas logged for well over 100,000 miles. When I was in Ohio, I could get a pretty good calculation of before and after however; now that I'm in the back hills of Southern Middle Tennessee, it's way too much fun, to keep my foot out of it, to calculate mileage. Let me know if you need the data I have.

guy
    thanks, guy! i'm always interested in MPGs but i am constantly calculating what i'm getting so i have a delta point for my car already. my best tank so far has been 33.x mpg, although that was in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadeez View Post
    LOL. i think driving style and roads you are driving play a key part... for example, i live in the sticks, so the majority of my driving is around 50mph, and 75mph when i'm on the highway. i do very little stop 'n go... however i do a lot of trips to 6800rpm. i typically average about 30mpg in the summer and 25mpg in the winter.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Yes, that is correct, I am using this 3 pulley set. http://www.turnermotorsport.com/BMW-...r-pulleys.aspx As for the food: mainly V-Power and the MAX mpg was just after I installed new NGK plugs but, before I changed out the my Dinan CAI filter.
    Rock n Roll, thanks again!
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

I have the TMS set. I can't really say if they do anything on the butt dyno since my car has so many other mods, but if you have money burning a hole in your pocket then get them as they actually do give you some power on the real dyno.

Guy that is awesome. I have the set from Turner as well.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    I have the TMS set. I can't really say if they do anything on the butt dyno since my car has so many other mods, but if you have money burning a hole in your pocket then get them as they actually do give you some power on the real dyno.
    I wouldn't say I have $$ burning holes in anything haha, I'm just looking for a little more oomf on the cheap, better gas mileage wouldn't be bad either. There's not a lot of performance/hp mods to do to these cars without getting serious like cams, full exhaust or superchargers, so I'm trying to squeeze out all the hp I can with the $$ I do have, this seemed like a decent option. General consensus of this thread is no noticeable power increase, which is to be expected I guess. Which puts these pulleys in the same realm as a CAI as far as price and performance goes...parts look great and have proven dyno power, but no noticable power increase.
    2016 BMW M340i

2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

That's my whole mod story... bunch of little things that hopefully add up. Pulleys, Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Exhaust, Tune, eventually Stewart Water Pump (waiting to be installed), etc.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

My experience is in between. They provided a noticeable, but small difference and the difference is biggest at higher RPMs. The ZHP has the Evosport 3-pulley set (alternator pulley had to be modified to fit Bosch alternator with oval plug) and E36 has UUC 2-pulley set. I dynoed the ZHP before and after. Doing underdrive pulleys plus Shark Injector gave me +9 RWHP (peak WHP, not peak difference). Since the Shark was advertised as delivering +4HP alone, I guess the pulleys offered +5HP.

Later I dynoed with pulleys, intake, Shark, VANOS seal refresh, and lightweight wheels and the total boost was +19 RWHP. The dyno guy had moved his dyno from his shop garage to a truck (portable dyno). He claimed it was the same physical dyno but to me it still makes the before and after results hard to compare. Also my car was a little low on HP when I got it (like 189.5HP when I expected it should have been 195).

So it comes down to whether +5HP is worth $200 to you. If I were doing it all over again, I would do front swaybar, stickier tires, lighter wheels, and some track days or autocross events before getting the pulleys, but I'd still get them.

Edit: Actually I'd get a shorter diff (like 3.46) before getting pulleys. I heard that's a much better bang for the buck and can be found as low as $250 online for a used one. But it will probably your gas mileage worse. And for power/$ I heard (but have not tried) headers are a much better deal than the pulleys. But hard to keep headers on a street-legal E46 in California.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    That's my whole mod story... bunch of little things that hopefully add up. Pulleys, Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Exhaust, Tune, eventually Stewart Water Pump (waiting to be installed), etc.
    Glad I'm not alone! But I've got quite a ways to go to even get to where you are. How does a different water pump add hp/performance??

Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    My experience is in between. They provided a noticeable, but small difference and the difference is biggest at higher RPMs. The ZHP has the Evosport 3-pulley set (alternator pulley had to be modified to fit Bosch alternator with oval plug) and E36 has UUC 2-pulley set. I dynoed the ZHP before and after. Doing underdrive pulleys plus Shark Injector gave me +9 RWHP (peak WHP, not peak difference). Since the Shark was advertised as delivering +4HP alone, I guess the pulleys offered +5HP.

Later I dynoed with pulleys, intake, Shark, VANOS seal refresh, and lightweight wheels and the total boost was +19 RWHP. The dyno guy had moved his dyno from his shop garage to a truck (portable dyno). He claimed it was the same physical dyno but to me it still makes the before and after results hard to compare. Also my car was a little low on HP when I got it (like 189.5HP when I expected it should have been 195).

So it comes down to whether +5HP is worth $200 to you. If I were doing it all over again, I would do front swaybar, stickier tires, lighter wheels, and some track days or autocross events before getting the pulleys, but I'd still get them.

Edit: Actually I'd get a shorter diff (like 3.46) before getting pulleys. I heard that's a much better bang for the buck and can be found as low as $250 online for a used one. But it will probably your gas mileage worse. And for power/$ I heard (but have not tried) headers are a much better deal than the pulleys. But hard to keep headers on a street-legal E46 in California.
    Great info, thanks Costco! I in fact live very close to a Costco myself haha
    2016 BMW M340i

2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast