Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    FYI; I installed my Dinan CAI nine months after the Turner Power Pulleys and didn't see the dramatic change I did with the Power Pulleys. The sound and look is great but, little change in the performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Cadeez View Post
    Glad I'm not alone! But I've got quite a ways to go to even get to where you are. How does a different water pump add hp/performance??

Great info, thanks Costco! I in fact live very close to a Costco myself haha
    In and of itself, nothing. But, it's like the pulley idea, less strain on the system - lighter, more free flowing. Maybe more similar to the mechanical fan delete which I did too.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I don't like the thought of underdriving the electrical system (alternator). I doubt anyone has done any studies on the long term effects of underdrive pulleys and its effect on the electrical system...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I don't like the thought of underdriving the electrical system (alternator). I doubt anyone has done any studies on the long term effects of underdrive pulleys and its effect on the electrical system...

I wouldn't worry about it. The alternator was designed to put out ample current in any scenario the car might encounter plus a buffer to account for variances and or an alternator getting near the end of it's life. And it's designed to do this at idle.

It's the same with underdriving the water pump. In it's stock configuration our cars could idle all day long in the middle of summer with the air conditioning on and not self destruct. With pulleys maybe it can no longer do that but as long as you're paying attention it shouldn't pose a problem.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

I have the turner set. Don't go installing these thinking huge changes, but I did notice a change. And would I do it again? Yeah, probably would. Car feels "peppier" to me with them on.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

It's all about the steering feel. I dont care about anything else that you may or may not gain...the thing that was most noticeable on both of my BMWs was the difference in slow speed steering feel.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    It's all about the steering feel. I dont care about anything else that you may or may not gain...the thing that was most noticeable on both of my BMWs was the difference in slow speed steering feel.
    What exactly do you mean by slower steering feel? The ratio doesn't change, so what is it that feels different? Less power assist?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    What exactly do you mean by slower steering feel? The ratio doesn't change, so what is it that feels different? Less power assist?
    When the revs are low and the steering input is high. The feel is heavier and you get a meaningful response from the road surface.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Noob question! I got the TMS pulley kit which I'm going to install tomorrow, I also picked up an idler pulley and the alternator tensioner roller as well. I figured, since I was in there... Question is, since the pulleys are going to want to spin, do you loosen up all the pulley nuts while the belt is still on and tensioned? Or is there a special trick? Also, are they all threaded standard? I looked around for some DIY's but didn't come up with anything good.
    2016 BMW M340i

BMW CCA Member . Dinan Stage 1 Software . Dinan 3.5" Exhaust . Dinan CAI & Turbo Inlet . VSRF Charge Pipe . H&R Sport Springs . CF: Front Splitter, Rear Valance, Trunk Spoiler, Roof Spoiler, M3 Mirror Covers . BMW Performance pedals . Gloss black ///M kidneys . 12mm F / 15mm R BMS Spacers. NGK 94201 Plugs .

2013 BMW X5 M-Sport - Sold
    2009 550i M-Sport - Sold
    2006 650i Vert - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Dead
    2001 330i Sport - Sold
    2004 330i ZHP - Sold
    1999 E36 M3 - Sold

Just untension it. Do you currently have mechanical or hydraulic tension.

"No flamesuit required"
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast