Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DentEZOut -- San Diego Dent (ding) Removal (Paintless Dent Repair) Review

About two weeks ago, some jackass dinged my 335 coupe in two separate spots. The guy did not take any paint with him. Thank goodness.

Before I review DentEZOut's work, I want to acknowledge that Israel Hernandez, the owner, hooked the Mafia up (thanks, Israel). I'm always on the prowl for a good ding repair guy. I've found my guy. I'll be using Israel exclusively from here on out. I'll also be recommending him to my friends in the BMW community on an exclusive basis.

Israel has more than 20 years of paintless dent repair experience. He learned his trade from the Germans, who taught him everything he needed to know to perform top-notch work. He logged ten years at Volkswagen of America (doing dent repair on new cars before they hit the sales floor); he logged another ten years at Dent Pro. In 2008, he started his own business, DentEZOut.

Today, I brought my car down to Israel, hoping that he could remove two fairly large dents that were on the rear panel of my passenger-side (behind the passenger door, but in front of the wheel well). No problem, Israel said.

He went in through the wheel well and worked his magic. First, it was nice to see him go through the wheel well rather than through the metal, where the door closes. So many dent repair guys drill a hole there and then do a rubber plug. Not Israel. He's as anal as all of us. No holes. No rubber plugs.

After about 20-30 minutes of finessing the dings, they were gone. I'm simply unable to tell that the dings ever existed. That's just the kind of outcome I'm looking for when I do paintless dent removal. There were no mistakes and the paint looks perfect.

Going forward, I will -- as I mentioned earlier -- be endorsing and promoting Israel every chance I get. As a long-time member of the San Diego BMW community, I've had the opportunity to meet and work with some very good ding-repair guys. Israel is the best I've come across.

Therefore, here's the deal. If any Mafia members ever need any ding or dent work done in the San Diego area, you'd be a total moron if you don't give Israel your business. I have told him about the members of this forum. He also knows that there is a fairly large contingency of San Diego members here. He says that he would love to take care of our Mafia family. I told him the business is all his.

You can find out more about Israel and his family-owned business at the DentEZOut Web site. He has also included his cell phone number on the site. By the way, if you can't get to him, he will come to you, since he also does mobile work.

When you call him, let him know that you're a member of ZHPMafia.com. He'll take good care of you.

You can reach him at:

Israel Hernandez
    619-822-9881

Thanks for the writeup Boss. I hope the guys are as good here. I have a couple dents/dings I need to have fixed.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

There are some very good ding guys out there, Dane. I know one thing I would ask any ding guy is how they would have tackled my ding. Would they have gone through the wheel well or through the car door area? If they're drilling holes through the chassis, where everyone can see it, then keep looking. That's one way for me to separate them. Of course, I'd also like to see their work. They may do amazing work nonetheless.

Israel, meanwhile, does all of 2M Auto Body's ding work. I caught up with Israel at a Honda dealership yesterday, where he was fixing all of their cars. See which big accounts your ding guy has.

My guys are bubba and Willis. doubt they know what a big account is...lol.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Haha.

So... I must be a moron because I'm not giving Israel my business... mainly because I'm on the Beast Coast. lol
    Luckily the only dents I have are so inconspicuous that they can wait because my OCD hasn't triggered for those yet.

Glad to hear you found someone reliable. So he does mobile work, eh????????
    Oooooooooooooooooooohhhhh Israeeeeeeeel!!!!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

From my post: "If any Mafia members ever need any ding or dent work done in the San Diego area, you'd be a total moron if you don't give Israel your business."

I don't think he'll travel all the way out to you, BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    From my post: "If any Mafia members ever need any ding or dent work done in the San Diego area, you'd be a total moron if you don't give Israel your business."

I don't think he'll travel all the way out to you, BP.
    I was kidding...
    He'd be crazy to do that... or I'd be broke after paying his travel expenses. lol
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I'll drag him with me to Virginia, BP. ha.

Can you move to NorCal and start this networking thing over? I am always nervous to try out a new person without some good reports.
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast