Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Broken Shadowline trim, replace with matte?

On the new ZHP I picked up for my fiance, the previous owner somehow managed to snap the rear part of the shadowline trim off. He said he no longer had the piece, threw it away like an idiot. How terrible would it look if replaced with the matte black trim? I can't believe how ridiculously expensive the gloss black is!

Would you replace all of it with matte?

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    Would you replace all of it with matte?
    I wouldn't replace "all of it", just the upper piece that is messed up (the long one)

if the difference is not noticeable, and I save 150 bucks, I'm all about it

EDIT: on the other hand, if it's going to look like absolute garbage, I'll splurge and get the gloss piece, hence the question

Well, to be honest I'm all about saving the monies too. But, having a single section matte would drive me bonkers. Personally I'd go all in one way or another, even if it meant painting. Probably a personal call.

Well, to be honest I'm all about saving the monies too. But, having a single section matte would drive me bonkers. Personally I'd go all in one way or another, even if it meant painting. Probably a personal call.
    yeah, I thought about painting. Is it possible to get decent results painting it gloss black? I was thinking I could just apply a gloss clear to the matte black and maybe it'd look close enough. Maybe the savings isn't worth the hassle

Quote Originally Posted by drummr8 View Post
    yeah, I thought about painting. Is it possible to get decent results painting it gloss black? I was thinking I could just apply a gloss clear to the matte black and maybe it'd look close enough. Maybe the savings isn't worth the hassle
    Actually, come to think of it, I'd give gloss black vinyl wrap a shot. That would probably be better and easier than painting, and would probably get you fairly close.

Actually, come to think of it, I'd give gloss black vinyl wrap a shot. That would probably be better and easier than painting, and would probably get you fairly close.
    appreciate the advice. I think I'll give it a shot on her car and if it turns out nice, I might buy a second roll to use on my car :D

Quote Originally Posted by drummr8 View Post
    appreciate the advice. I think I'll give it a shot on her car and if it turns out nice, I might buy a second roll to use on my car :D
    Good luck!

Might not hurt to watch some YouTube how to videos on it... Takes just a little know-how.

Sent from my iPhone

Join the club! I have a piece missing on my drivers side rear window. I have a matte black piece I got from a friend. I just need to figure out how to install it now. This shits a PITA. And no kidding on the price of it either. IIRC it's like $1200 for the whole car?!?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bshovers View Post
    Join the club! I have a piece missing on my drivers side rear window. I have a matte black piece I got from a friend. I just need to figure out how to install it now. This shits a PITA. And no kidding on the price of it either. IIRC it's like $1200 for the whole car?!?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    madness!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast