Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Sux getting stranded. Good it wasn't something major. I had no idea you could get data on the different sides of a fuel tank. Details on that?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I was just at Niagara Falls a couple weeks ago - when I did my airbag recall, the dealer was about 2/3rds of the way between my house and the falls, so I decided to make it a small day trip there. I didn't realize how close to the falls you can get on the American side - very cool!

POV from Canadian side:

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Engine Replacement

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Sux getting stranded. Good it wasn't something major. I had no idea you could get data on the different sides of a fuel tank. Details on that?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    If you go into your test settings in your instrument cluster and go to the 19 menu and then run test 6.0 it tells you the level of both sides in liters, the 6.1 test tells you the total level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SureShot434; 08-10-2020 at 01:01 PM.
    2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    BMW Performance Shift Knob / Alcantra Shift Boot / BBS Wheels / 15% Tint
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint
    ER Chargepipe / Tial BOV / Dual Cone Intake / OEM Roof Rack

Engine Replacement

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    I was just at Niagara Falls a couple weeks ago - when I did my airbag recall, the dealer was about 2/3rds of the way between my house and the falls, so I decided to make it a small day trip there. I didn't realize how close to the falls you can get on the American side - very cool!

POV from Canadian side:

Ya it’s crazy how close you get. I wish I could’ve gone to the Canadian side. It looks like way more fun over there. The American side is really run down and it’s not safe to venture more than three blocks away from the water.

I was this close to horseshoe fall. I was getting soaked from the mist spraying up over the rail even at the top.

I’ll be going back there for work at some point maybe later this year. Hopefully the border is opened back up. Maybe we could meet up if your not too far away. It’s about a 7.5 hour drive and I follow highway 5 right along Lake Erie. The most scenic and beautiful drive I’ve ever done in my E46.

2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post

POV from Canadian side:

I grew up in the Buffalo area and went regularly when we lived there. My wife actually lived there for a year before we got married.

Attended a family wedding in Buffalo last year with all of our kids and grandsons, staying on the Canadian side. First time for some of the family and as always very Cool.

Buffalo still has some of the best food also.

Sent from my iPhone Xs using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Just ordered from FCP Euro. Hopefully it’s here Monday.

Nice. Hopefully you also ordered the sealing ring for the fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Nice. Hopefully you also ordered the sealing ring for the fuel pump.
    I did not. Hopefully a local shop has one.

You might be able to get away with reusing it, many of the DIYs I've read before doing mine said the seals were still in great shape (mine included).
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

It's not the end of the world if you have to use the old one, and it's an easy enough DIY to get back in there to replace in the near future if you choose.

Just a reminder to have less than 2/3 tank (less than 1/2 is preferable) of fuel, and general safety precautions (disconnect battery, discharge static electricity, and I like to have a fire extinguisher handy).

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast