Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Engine Replacement

I'm BACK!

I have been working so much and getting ready to get married that I haven't had the time to get on here. My 325i has been sitting since my last post a couple of months ago. I finally have the money I need to get a replacement engine. Now I just have to find one. I was thinking of upgrading to the 3.0L engine. I can't find any DIY's on this subject, just lot's of posts of people on other forums arguing about it.

If I get a 3.0L engine to drop in, what other parts would I need to make it work in my 2001 325i Sport 5sp manual?
    2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    BMW Performance Shift Knob / Alcantra Shift Boot / BBS Wheels / 15% Tint
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint
    ER Chargepipe / Tial BOV / Dual Cone Intake / OEM Roof Rack

Don't know. Just wanted to say welcome back. GL on your project.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I've seen a couple decently priced s54 motors on M3Forum and E46F.........unless you've already got the 3.0L motor.

I want to say theres a guy on here thats switching his auto ZHP to a manual, can't remember where i read that at. If you can dig that up, that may help with the drivetrain end of things.

G/L with the project, sounds like it could be fun/leave room for some modding prior to motor install.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Not totally sure on the entire parts list, but wiring loom should be compatible. If going to a 3.0L, remember you will need a complete motor with intake manifold including MAF, and I also believe headers, since they are different from the 2.5L. Also probably need computer for a 3.0L or yours burned.
    2004 330i ZHP ESS TS2 supercharged
    Silver Grey/Black leather, Xenons, factory Nav, 19" VMR V710 & 18" ZHP wheels for summer, Turner Motorsports rear sub-frame kit

Howdy!

Glad to see you back around here... what're your thoughts on an s54?

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Don't know. Just wanted to say welcome back. GL on your project.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    I've seen a couple decently priced s54 motors on M3Forum and E46F.........unless you've already got the 3.0L motor.

I want to say theres a guy on here thats switching his auto ZHP to a manual, can't remember where i read that at. If you can dig that up, that may help with the drivetrain end of things.

G/L with the project, sounds like it could be fun/leave room for some modding prior to motor install.
    Mine is already a Manual, and no I do not already have an engine.

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    Howdy!

Glad to see you back around here... what're your thoughts on an s54?
    What's a decent price for an S54? I'm looking to stay around 100K miles or less on the engine.

It's killing me seeing my car just sit there
    2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint

Lol, beats me. A little ebaying points to ~$4500.

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    Lol, beats me. A little ebaying points to ~$4500.

Sent from my iPhone
    meh I think I will stay away from that. Would be really nice, but looking for something around $1k to $1500

Found this in Illinois on Car-Part.com. It's 172 miles away so I could drive to pick it up instead of having it shipped. Anyone know anything about this site?

Engine
    BMW 330 ci
    3.0,AOD,SHARP RUNNER,93K,CLEAN 93,000 17845 $1050 Global Auto Recycling & Repair USA-IL(Elgin) Request_Quote 1-847-608-4700

Car-Part is legit. It's a nationwide scrapyard inventory. The yard itself is what you need to look into.
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast