Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Very nice. But man, I thought having my car sit for 1.5 years was long...
    Oh definitely. I didn’t realize it had been that long until I saw the last registration lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    BMW Performance Shift Knob / Alcantra Shift Boot / BBS Wheels / 15% Tint
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint
    ER Chargepipe / Tial BOV / Dual Cone Intake / OEM Roof Rack

Engine Replacement

It’s finally home. Now time for a deeeeeeep cleaning and detail. Then on to the paint issues. Felt amazing to drive her again after 4 and a half years!

God I missed this car!

2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint

I remember how I felt, taking my car out of storage after 1.5 years. Can't imagine the torture of not driving your baby after 4 years!
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

What a day....

I got the car registered again and I’m working on the warranty for the paint that is peeling on the hood. I then went to Discount Tire to get my tires squared away and they snapped FOUR of the lug stud bolts. I then had to have the car towed to a shop and have a new wheel hub/bearing installed on the car. Discount Tire paid for the new hub/bearing and all new lug stud bolts ($641). The tires are now squared away and I’m good to go.

I need a drink...

Snapped? What the heck?! Glad they paid for it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I had both driver and passenger airbags replaced today at the dealership and somehow my brake line got caught under the axle on my driver rear. It wore through the brake line and now it needs replaced. They wanted $385 to replace the brake line.

I had the car towed home for $45. My friend works for the towing company so he gave me a discount.

I went to NAPA and got a new brake line ($26) and will be replacing it next Tuesday after I get back from the lake.

I also ordered a new Brake Backing Plate because my parking brake retaining pins have pulled through the backing plate due to rust. The dealership price matched FCPEuro and sold it to me for $48.13. That will be here Tuesday and I will replace it. They wanted around $500 to replace that part.

Then the car will be off to the body shop to have the front end re-painted as it’s peeling down to the primer on the hood. The body shop is covering the paint under their lifetime warranty since I had a new hood installed and painted back in June of 2011.

I will also be ordering new exhaust brackets as my car seemingly hasn’t had the one from the trans since I’ve owned the car.

I can see the end in sight!

Quote Originally Posted by SureShot434 View Post
    Then the car will be off to the body shop to have the front end re-painted as it’s peeling down to the primer on the hood. The body shop is covering the paint under their lifetime warranty since I had a new hood installed and painted back in June of 2011.
    Daaaaaaang that's sweet! Also yeah my trans exhaust bracket is also missing, perhaps I should add that to the list of my next FCP order
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Daaaaaaang that's sweet! Also yeah my trans exhaust bracket is also missing, perhaps I should add that to the list of my next FCP order
    That bracket is pretty cheap from them too. Waaaaaay cheaper then buying from the stealership.....the dealer cost is around $50 then they mark it up.

FYI the brake rotor backing plates can't be installed without removing the hub in the rear.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    FYI the brake rotor backing plates can't be installed without removing the hub in the rear.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Ehhhh technically you can do it. You just have to cut a bit of it out that you don’t realistically need and then just slide it on.

If you cut the red lines you can then slide it on and bolt it in. Shouldn’t loose any structural properties.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast