Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Does anyone have a timing kit I could borrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    BMW Performance Shift Knob / Alcantra Shift Boot / BBS Wheels / 15% Tint
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint
    ER Chargepipe / Tial BOV / Dual Cone Intake / OEM Roof Rack

Well finally started putting the engine together!

First road block....the new exhaust valve guides are .0010 bigger than the factory ones so the valve stem seals don’t fit. Machine shop is looking for the correct ones. I also dropped off the piston heads and old pistons so they can balance and assemble the pistons.

I installed the crankshaft and I’m ready to install the pistons once the machine shop has completed them. Plastigauge sucks.....

New Valve Stem seals installed on Intake side.

New Valve Stem Seals

Plastigauge

Oil Squirters installed.

Crankshaft installed.

2001 325i Sport Package / Rebuilt Motor at 194K / Lemforder M3 Motor Mounts / Thule Roof Rack / Eagle Eye Clear Tail Lights / Lemforder Sway Links
    RIP - 2009 335i xDrive / Twin Turbo / Cold Weather Package / Premium Package / 15% Tint

Put in some work today!

Cleaned up the top of the block.

Gapped the piston rings and installed them on the pistons.

Then I installed the pistons.

Installed the oil baffle and pump.

Then I installed all of the valve springs. That took a long time. I was very careful with the keepers because you don’t want one of those flying across the room. You’ll never find it.

I put about 8 hours of solid work today with breaks here and there. I’m ordering new timing chain guides tonight from ECS and they should be here sometime next week. Once I get those on I can put on the timing chain, timing chain cover, and then mount the head on the block.

It’s really starting to come together. I can’t wait to be finished and driving again!

Put in some more good work this weekend. Just waiting on my timing kit to arrive so I can set the timing, install the rebuilt Vanos, and put on the valve cover.

Timing kit arrived.

Now I’m just waiting on a knock sensor, vacuum hose, fuel injectors, and a motor mount bracket.

It’s almost done! This has definitely been an experience and it’s been a lot of fun!

Engine Replacement

So I did a thing this week....

Went to start her for the first time and I didn’t have the negative battery terminal tightened all the way and spent the next two hours trying to figure out why it would crank but not start. Then I found this fuse block and one of the 30amp fuses was blown.

After replacing the blown fuse she started right up!

The next day I filled the cooling system and went to take her on her first test drive, aaaaannnnnddddd proceeded to blow out the high pressure power steering line. SMH I have one ordered and it should be here tomorrow. Then I will be driving!!

It’s been allot of hard work to get to toss point. I can’t wait to drive her again. Last time she drove was September of 2014....

The hood needs a fresh coat of paint from sitting.

Cheers!

Last edited by SureShot434; 05-07-2020 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Nice!! Congrats!
    +1

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Very nice. But man, I thought having my car sit for 1.5 years was long...
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast