Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

ZHP Insurance, Trying to Make it Better

So, I’ve listened to many horror stories here about what insurance companies are willing to pay when something bad happens to one of our ZHPs. I decided to take some steps to preplan for this so, I’m well prepared if anything should happen.

It all started Friday when we were talking to our State Farm agent about some extended blanket coverage. When we were done with the blanket thing, I started asking about what I would be offered if something were to happen to my ZHP. Lee (my agent’s name) told me probably NADA book value. He then looked it up on the consumer’s web page and found 8K. We talked about that and what I felt may be the true value, due to what I’ve seen folks pay here on ZHPMAFIA. With that he made a few calls and was told that classics start at 10 years. He asked a few more questions to see were we had to do and as a result, I sent him off some pictures, my mileage LOG and a few links from this place.

The info is now in the hands of a guy that handles this type of thing and I’ll report out on the results as soon as I know more.
    Last edited by 3ZHPGUY; 02-09-2015 at 08:33 AM.

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

great stuff, guy - i look forward to hearing your results.

my car is no garage queen by any means, it get used thoroughly - and maintained thoroughly - but replacement value is important to me as if i were to replace it, it certainly wouldn't be $8K.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I was just thinking about giving my agent a call regarding this the other day... thanks for digging into it!

No problem guys> FYI: I also talked to Hargerty but, never filled out the application at this point and after talking with Lee that would void my new blanket coverage, if I don't go with State Farm on all my toys.

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Let us know. I use Haggerty on my TR8.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

OP, how many miles on your ZHP? $8K seems low for what i've seen on sale on this board alone. I just went to NADAguides.com and there's no option to select the performance package.

The NADA thing was messed up when I was applying for a loan. You couldn't chose manual transmission and performance package. So I got $1100 less than I should have for my loan. I'm also paying way to much for insurance, that's the downside of being a "21 year old male with a BMW" those that the exact words from my insurance agent. I'll be changing insurance companies soon!

Interesting idea. Subscribed

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Quote Originally Posted by theothersawyer View Post
    The NADA thing was messed up when I was applying for a loan. You couldn't chose manual transmission and performance package. So I got $1100 less than I should have for my loan. I'm also paying way to much for insurance, that's the downside of being a "21 year old male with a BMW" those that the exact words from my insurance agent. I'll be changing insurance companies soon!
    Yeah same here, 17 year old male driving a BMW must scare people for what I am paying for insurance.

2004 black on black 330ci ~Mason

I thought it was based on horse power, not brand.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast