Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Want some input today. Should I pull the trigger on this tire deal?

Hello my ZHP Brethren and wise financial people.

Costco sent me an email saying that until 2/11 (tomorrow!) Costco Exectutive members (me) can save $70 off any set of 4 Michelin tires and $60 on tire installation. I was planning on replacing my Kumho Ecstas that my car came with at some point and installing Pilot Super Sports, but the Kumhos only have 11k on them right now.

The price of the Michelin's (with the $70 off) would be $719.96. The installation (balancing, nitro fill, etc) would be $15 per tire but with the $60 off installation is pretty much free. So the total cost would be $719.96 instead of $849.96. $130 difference. (not including tax anywhere which is 58.72)

Do you think this is good enough of a deal to replace my Kumhos after only 11k with the Super Sports? Not sure how long the Kumhos will last. Not a fan of them but I also dont want to be wasteful.

Just for comparison Tirerack will sell the Super Sports for 822. Not including any shipping or installation costs.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

I'm a big fan of Michelin (currently on my Saab, e90, and Mini). Yes, it's a sweet deal. If it was me, probably I would buy the Michelins, keep the Kumhos and sell them later.

GL on your decision !

Yeah I was thinking about selling the Kumhos but not sure who would buy them. I also live in an apartment complex so wouldnt really be able to store them anywhere.
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

You may ask one of those places that sell used tires and fix flats.

Ill do a google search for "used tires" and my town and see what pops up. Thanks.

When I bought my 330Ci, it had mismatched tires (different rear/fronts), and the fronts were completely shot. I replaced them all with Contis and sold the Kumhos that were on the rear for $125. Not a lot of money, but I didn't want them lying around and getting anything for them was better than nothing... Sold them easily on CL.

i have heard that discount places like costco/sam's club/walmart get tires made specifically for them that are of lower quality. True or false?

my cousin bought new tires for either his MKV GTI or his wife's EOS through walmart/costco and they have been super happy with the tires they got as well as the service. they got a great service plan through them as well.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by Just_George View Post
    When I bought my 330Ci, it had mismatched tires (different rear/fronts), and the fronts were completely shot. I replaced them all with Contis and sold the Kumhos that were on the rear for $125. Not a lot of money, but I didn't want them lying around and getting anything for them was better than nothing... Sold them easily on CL.

thats pretty good money. How many miles did the Kumhos have on them?

Quote Originally Posted by NYRhockey View Post
    i have heard that discount places like costco/sam's club/walmart get tires made specifically for them that are of lower quality. True or false?
    Urban legend probably. Same ones that say that Costco gas is lower quality or something. Costco sells high quality stuff. I dont think tire companies would sell cheap versions of their stuff either.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast