Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Read/Write to your DME, MS45.1, Tune your own Car

Hey guys long time I have not posted. Work keeps me busy.

I have found a solution for those who want to tune their own cars. Well limited right now to the MS45 software versions available as the Software guys do not have many MS45 Bin files reads.

The software will be coming out with the latest release and with that version you can adjust axis data, play with O2 stuff and SAP.

Some have seen my post in my website but the software is BimTun, pricy but so far the only user friendly software for the home tuner/any tuner. Their site is here: http://www.bmweditor.com/Home/Product

Now in order to tune the bin file with BimTun editor you must first extract the bin file from the DME.

Alientech has the Powergate 3, It marries to your car when you extract your bin file. Usually most tuning houses sell you the Powergate 3 with one of their tunes and then you install that tune through your OBDII port.

The small snag with the Powergate 3 is that it is set up as a Master/Slave set up. The tuning houses sell you the Powergate 3 with is the slave. This is because they have the Master/Decoder. See when the Powergate 3 extracts your file it encrypts it.

So in order to use it you must go to the car, extract your bin file. It is now an encrypted bin file and can't be used with TunerPro etc. You now use the Powergate Decoder and decrypt the bin file so it is a standard bin file you can use with TunerPro if you have an XDF file or BimTun.

Make changes with BimTun and it automatically does checksum, Powergate 3 also does checksum correction.

BimTun Bimmer Editor is $199 for the software, now what they offer are different modules for different DME's and software versions. This is the lengthy legwork some guys do using WINols to discover maps etc and then make a XDF file for TunerPro. Well BimTun does the work for you and it costs $199 per module (DME i.e. MS41, MS42, MS43 etc..).

So once you get the software you can buy the modules for all your BMW's and tune them using your own PC.

So BimTun BMW Editor is:
    $199 Software
    $199 Per DME Module

Powergate 3 is:
    $259 Powegate 3 Slave (what you use to extract and save your bin file also write to your MS45 through OBDII Port)
    $199 Powergate 3 Decoder (decrypt/encrypt bin files)

BTW the powergate 3 does save a few tuned Bin files too.

Most tuning houses will sell you the Powergate 3 for $389+ and a tune for another $400.

I am currently testing this stuff BTW and so far so good for the MS45 guys.

This is a FYI and for the MS45 BMW guys future, Opens the world up to self tuning.

The are at MS45 Ver. 1.01 and soon 1.02.
    BimmerEditor is at Ver. 1.13 now.

Once everything is in order and the software for MS45 is how I like it compared to other Tuning software I have for other cars then I will let you guys know more.

2005 BMW 330i ZHP
    2004 BMW 330Ci ZHP A DIY Turbocharger Project!

My site: www.E46Turbo330Ci.com
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=545&dateline=1337626488

Super stoked to hear this. I reached out to these guys a few months ago, but wasn't quite comfortable with spending $400 to be a guinea pig. Also, I wasn't sure what to use for reading the .bin and decrypting it. Thanks for all of the info above, this is exciting stuff.

Looking forward to making changes to my DME to accommodate the engine build. This should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by wertyu78 View Post
    Super stoked to hear this. I reached out to these guys a few months ago, but wasn't quite comfortable with spending $400 to be a guinea pig. Also, I wasn't sure what to use for reading the .bin and decrypting it. Thanks for all of the info above, this is exciting stuff.

Looking forward to making changes to my DME to accommodate the engine build. This should be fun.
    For MS45 it is still at its beginning stages not as far as MS43 or MSS54.

2005 BMW 330i ZHP

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=545&dateline=1337626488

Thats pretty cool to have that ability but this is still considered intermediate/advanced level knowledge of what you are doing, do I assume correct?

For people who are more inclined to "set it and forget it" they'd be better off with a Shark or Eurocharged tune?
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    Thats pretty cool to have that ability but this is still considered intermediate/advanced level knowledge of what you are doing, do I assume correct?

For people who are more inclined to "set it and forget it" they'd be better off with a Shark or Eurocharged tune?
    Right, most would benefit from a can tune, or dyno tune from a reputable tuning source. This would be more for those who have tuned a car before, or are willing to learn. I wouldn't suggest anyone to start changes things unless they had full understanding of what they were changing, and why they were changing it...

Cool, just making sure.
    Call me Seth

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    Cool, just making sure.
    But can you imagine? ha! Did Eurocharged ever come up with a solution to dyno tune a car remotely?

I'd go for that in a heartbeat.

Yes, you must know what you are doing. Because you have a lot of maps at your finger tips.

Here is Nistune that I use for my Twin Turbo Z cars. And that is a walk in the park software/Maps compared to the MS45 DME.

Name:  Stock Tune.JPG
Views: 7391
Size:  281.2 KB

2005 BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by wertyu78 View Post
    But can you imagine? ha! Did Eurocharged ever come up with a solution to dyno tune a car remotely?

I'd go for that in a heartbeat.
    They do stuff the old fashion way, send it in via email, run it, send info and file back, adjust, repeat till happy.
    Call me Seth

Quote Originally Posted by Nivo View Post
    Yes, you must know what you are doing. Because you have a lot of maps at your finger tips.

Here is Nistune that I use for my Twin Turbo Z cars. And that is a walk in the park software/Maps compared to the MS45 DME.

Name:  Stock Tune.JPG
Views: 7391
Size:  281.2 KB
    Wow, that looks like a walk in the park. Can you live tune?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast