Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Is pulling and reading the ms45.1 tune file the same as ms43? Do you have to put the ms45 into boot mode before you can read/flash it?
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Well, first, bimtune from bimmereditor doesn't support reading and writing to the MS45.1, you have to figure that out on your own.

However, renovelo bytetuner DOES in fact support reading and writing to the MS45.1 over OBDII, AND it has FULL ms45.1 map support, so you can change any of the thousands of parameters in MS45.1 that you wish.

And you don't have to use "boot mode" or anything like that to read from MS45.1 with bytetuner. You turn your ignition "on", and click the Read button in ByteTuner.

In the current version the initial read takes a little while, like 30+ minutes I think, but once you have the initial read you can write your changes in like 30 seconds.

The nice thing about bytetuner too is, it will automatically flash your MS45.1 to the latest program version during this process too. So you'll have a currrent version flash and will be making tuning changes on top of that.

Be sure to check out ms4x.net for some MS45.1 maps that you can change to disable O2 sensors, SAP, speed limiter etc.

have fun!
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

does anyone have a ms45.1 map tune for intake headers and exhaust set up?

I haven't seen one published, but there's some info on www.ms4x.net that is helpful.

Generally for headers and exhaust you don't need to change much except turn off your lower O2 sensors and maybe remove SAP if you want. If you want to, you can run some logs and see if you need to adjust full load fueling, but I doubt its necessary. The MS45.1 will adapt to get AFR targets on track and uses wideband pre-cat O2 sensors to do so.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP

The only thing that I would like to see on the MS45.1 with headers, and I think @rkneeshaw touched on it, is the timing for the precat O2 sensors. It seems like they respond very quickly to adjust fuel trims and moving them downstream ~6 inches with long tube headers makes the car have a harder time adjusting on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    The only thing that I would like to see on the MS45.1 with headers, and I think @rkneeshaw touched on it, is the timing for the precat O2 sensors. It seems like they respond very quickly to adjust fuel trims and moving them downstream ~6 inches with long tube headers makes the car have a harder time adjusting on the fly.
    The only other person I’ve heard that from was Asbjorn at ESS who was making excuses for his shitty tune. Then I tuned it myself and the car runs great. Theoretically it could be plausible there is some delay there, but I’ve seen zero evidence to suggest there is any symptom or real world consequence.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234