Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

2015 track and autox videos

My first time on Thunderhill West. Instructors got one long practice session on the track, then later we took students and parents for demo rides. Here's part of my practice session--it was so long I had to stop and drink some water!

Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    My first time on Thunderhill West. Instructors got one long practice session on the track, then later we took students and parents for demo rides. Here's part of my practice session--it was so long I had to stop and drink some water!

nice! looks like the steering is pretty slow on the E36 - i remember that from the last time i drove one.

i have those same gloves, but in black. they are awesome.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Yes the steering is definitely slower than the ZHP. Some E36 owners even put in a Z3 or ZHP rack to speed it up. I'm thinking of doing that, you know, for my future drifting career! :-)

Here are my student demo rides. 4 students in 32 minutes: 2 teen drivers, 1 young adult driver (20's), one parent. Nobody threw up or screamed, but I wasn't the fastest demo ride by far, being passed by other instructors in both Corvettes and Miatas. The teen male (3rd passenger) declined a 4th lap, not sure if he was getting motion sickness or was bored--he said he rode in the faster black Corvette before riding with me.

BTW, if any of you have teen drivers, I highly recommend putting them through a car control clinic, whether NASA, Porsche, BMW CCA, Tire Rack/BMW, whatever. Better if it's one oriented around teen drivers, but adult CCC is good too. The director of this clinic had his daughter go through it, and the CHP officer who spoke at lunchtime had put her oldest child through it a few years ago. I'll be putting my daughter through at least one, but that has to wait 5 or 6 years.

good stuff. my kids will most definitely be doing them and i want to get them into karting before then, as well. my daughter just turned 11 and has no interest in karting, but we'll see.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I gone to a BMW car control clinic when I was 15 and it was very entertaining as the current 3series at the time was a facelifted e46

sent from my phone

Yeah but Derek look what happened... you spend all this money going to track days, swapped a M3 rear suspension/diff/subframe into your car, worked for a BMW dealership for a while, and how much time are you spending on ZHP Mafia? Was it really a good thing?

I wasn't going so fast on the track because the last time I tried to go really fast with a passenger at the track, it was Derbo and I crashed into another BMW 3-series (E36 with S54 motor swap). Luckily no airbag deployment that time, as it was before the recall swap. Anyway, crashing with a CCC student or parent in the car is highly discouraged, so I was extra careful.

Love the intensity in the eyes! lol

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Ohh you have a M3/4/5 too?!

What's the mods on it?

Ha, that's me thinking "Don't crash, don't crash, don't crash, don't even spin with a student in the car!"

Johal: Got it in September. Mods are: Bilstein sport dampers, H&R Race springs, Conforti/ITG intake, UUC underdrive pulleys, Powerflex black RTABs, AKG RTAB pocket reinforcements, BimmerWorld poly transmission mounts, Porterfield R-4S semi-track pads on front, Motorsport 90mm wheel studs (from Smilez), EMP Stewart water pump, Z3M radiator, mechanical fan delete, X-brace, upgraded oil pump sprocket/shaft/nut, and HARD Motorsport oil pan baffle. Used the same 17x8.5" D-force track wheel set (245/40/17 Bridgestone RE-11A tires) I used to use on the ZHP. As far as I know, the DME/tune is stock.

Purchased but not installed: stainless steel brake lines, stainless clutch line, and Bimmerworld solid rubber motor mounts.
    Desired mods not yet purchased: a heartbreakingly long list... it was cheap to buy but is going to be an expensive car in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    Love the intensity in the eyes! lol

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    ...Desired mods not yet purchased: a heartbreakingly long list... it was cheap to buy but is going to be an expensive car in the end.
    ain't that the truth!!

nice job with the mod list, that looks like a sensible and logical list. good work!

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast