Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WTB: Silver Gray (A08) Hardtop for Convertible

Want to buy silver gray color code A08 hardtop for E46 convertible. Will pick up, preferably within an eight hour drive from central North Carolina.

Wish you better luck than I had searching. I gave up trying to find a color match, and just looked for the cheapest top I could find. I paid $850 with the stand and cover.

Professional respray.

Vinyl trim wrap completed the process.

04 Vert/Sapphire Black/Black/Silver Cube/MT/CWP/Xenons/HK-NAV/BMW Performance Air Intake and CF Strut Bar

Good price. Nice get.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

JWalther, nice looking car! Yeah, I'm looking at the same scenario. There's a guy who has a bright blue M3 hardtop for sale that if the price gets right would be a candidate for repainting. I've also been saying to myself that if a white or black top came on the market maybe a two-tone winter look would be a-ok.

Anybody seen a gray or silver E46 convertible with a white or black top?

Recently sold mine. 1400
    Modification Thread
    Original Car: Silver Grey on Grey, A/T (1 of 186)
    As it sits: Silver Grey on Black, M/T (1 of 51)
    European Auto Source Tech
    Instagram: @CarbonZHP

I found a hardtop and will be having it repainted. Question to the group: My car will be needing the hardtop attachment kit. I spoke to a local BMW independent shop and they said it would take approximately seven (7) hours of labor. From my researching BMW forums, it seems most folks installed their kit in two to four hours. Anyone here have experience with how many hours the hardtop kit will take to install?

WTB: Silver Gray (A08) Hardtop for Convertible

I've had the rear seat and side panels out of my vert. Nothing hard about that part and from there you just bolt in the brackets and plug in the wire that is already there. You'll need to adjust the tightness as well and those adjustments are part of the rear levers in the hardtop.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Quote Originally Posted by wstr75 View Post
    I found a hardtop and will be having it repainted. Question to the group: My car will be needing the hardtop attachment kit. I spoke to a local BMW independent shop and they said it would take approximately seven (7) hours of labor. From my researching BMW forums, it seems most folks installed their kit in two to four hours. Anyone here have experience with how many hours the hardtop kit will take to install?
    Ridiculous. I have zero mechanical aptitude, and it took me a couple of hours. That included removing the interior trim panels, and having to redo one side because I installed the hardware backwards the first time.
    04 Vert/Sapphire Black/Black/Silver Cube/MT/CWP/Xenons/HK-NAV/BMW Performance Air Intake and CF Strut Bar

Thanks for this information. I ordered a hardtop kit and am looking forward to installing it. Getting the roof this Saturday and will be getting it painted to match my car (silver gray A08)

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    Did you buy the ebay kit w/ install instructions? I think I held onto mine if you need them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast