Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: Gas tank flap

Gas tank flap

Just noticed it today so it must be recent:

My gas tank flap doesn't sit flush/close anymore. The only way this is achieved is if I lock the car and the locking plunger holds it flush. Is there supposed to be a small magnetic disc on the inside of the gas tank flap that mates up with the push-to-close clicking plunger located inside the gas tank cap area? If so, mine is missing now? If not, why is my gas tank flap not sitting flush/"grabbing" on the push-to-close plunger.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Further:

I found this thread on E46F:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...light=gas+door

Stating that this part below failed on that guys car:

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330i-M54_3.0l/ES88408/

That piece on my car still clicks when you push it in and out but it doesnt grab the gas door. Do you all think i should still replace it or is something else at fault here?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Couldnt find a thread on here about this issue. Did more digging on E46F and came across a thread about flipping the hinge spring. I did that and it fixed the issue but im still going to replace the push to click/close plunger

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    Couldnt find a thread on here about this issue. Did more digging on E46F and came across a thread about flipping the hinge spring. I did that and it fixed the issue but im still going to replace the push to click/close plunger
    Glad you fixed it. Can you post the e46f link here?

Let me dig it up

EDIT: here we go

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...oor+wont+close

Try WD-40 on the hinge first. That fixed it for me a few years back.

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post

Sent from my iPhone
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post

Sent from my iPhone
    This is THE fix. Just lube it when it starts to do this and it won't be a problem anymore.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.