Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Interesting…I also pulled my codes this weekend and didn't find anything related. I also reset my adaptations (all via IPNA); didn't have the hesitation this morning, but I'm withholding judgement until I've had a few more problem-free drives.

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

hmmm - keep us updated with anything you find. it'll be a while before i can dig into this any further, but i will update when i have a chance to do some more.
    - now with 5 speeds

Travis/Shadow,
    Any updates here?
    Sold- But not forgotten
    04 Silbergrau/6MT/Silver Cube
    Silbergrau Uberlegen Ist!

Quote Originally Posted by GE Geoff View Post
    Travis/Shadow,
    Any updates here?
    So far so good here. I've had one instance of a *hint* of hesitation since, though I'm not certain if it was the same issue as before.

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

just curious - how did you reset adaptations in INPA?

i'm definitely getting a distinct hesitation at 2k RPM in 2nd and 3rd gears with what i would call moderate throttle application.
    i ran some live data of the VANOS system while doing this and it appears to be functioning correctly according to a couple of techs that have looked at the results.

i'm also having stored engine codes for both cats and the MAF - even though the MAF is brand new. no CEL.

i may just end up taking it in to the shop for diagnosis as my time to fiddle with it isn't increasing anytime soon.
    - now with 5 speeds

Quote Originally Posted by shadowpuck View Post
    just curious - how did you reset adaptations in INPA?
    Mine ended up all in German somehow, but I figured it out:

Start INPA -> “E46” (F3) -> Engine: MS 45.0 -> “adaption” (F8) -> select which adaptations to clear:

F1: “LL” (“idle”)
    F2: “Knocking”
    F3: “Lambda”
    F4: “Vanos”
    F5: “DK” (“throttle valve”)
    F6: “Intake tube”
    F7: “Octan” (“octane number adaption”)
    F8: “variant” (“learned variants”)
    F9: “all”
    Shift+F1: “Segment”
    Shift+F2: “Secondary air system”
    Shift+F3: “Fuel into oil”

I simply used F9 to clear them all. Heads up: it doesn’t give you a “are you sure?” warning when you push the button, it just does it!

mine is in german for this DME too. most others i've done are translated, but, not the ZHP DME.

was the engine running when you did this?
    - now with 5 speeds

mine is in german for this DME too. most others i've done are translated, but, not the ZHP DME.
    Yeah, the other DMEs are all English for me, too.

was the engine running when you did this?
    Negative; I believe the text at the top of the adaptations page in INPA is a warning to that effect: engine off!

good to know. i read just enough german to be dangerous, and my neighbor is reasonably fluent so we can usually fight our way through it if needed.

i think it was one of the v8 engines that needed to be running when adaptations were cleared....thus the question...

at this point, i'm kinda debating my next steps. i know there are things i could replace due to mileage/age (DISA, VANOS, etc.) but i'm trying to not be a parts thrower. i've got some tech friends looking at data and such to see if they see anything.

as i mentioned - i may end up at a trusted shop for a diagnostic....we'll see.
    - now with 5 speeds

well, i'm gonna try some free things first. i'm going to clean the throttle and ICV, and check the DISA operation.
    i really need a smoke machine...
    - now with 5 speeds

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast