Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by prowlerflyer View Post
    So you mentioned that the initial/cold bite is not so great like ceramics. I am running HPC's and am disappointed in feel. I wanted a reduction in the dust from stock pads.

Looks like the search continues.
    I thought he said otherwise:

Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    First Review; Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads

Completed the rears on the first of the month and since then, I done a little highway driving, an autocross and the twisty back roads on the way to work and back. As of today, I'm impressed.

Low dust
    Outstanding braking power
    No noise
    They feel good
    The pedal is firm but, not to firm
    No initial hard bite, like ceramics
    An obvious reduction in stopping distance
    Smooth

One of the things hat is significantly different is how they stop. Just a slight increase in pedal pressure and your speed reduces faster. Very easy to manipulate. I now have to retrain myself on some of my braking points. Using what I've grown use to, is to premature for and decreases my speed far lower than my ZHHP can handle.

At this point, I would recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    No initial hard bite, like ceramics
    An obvious reduction in stopping distance
    I took this as reduced cold/initial bite.
    2004 330i ZHP ESS TS2 supercharged
    Silver Grey/Black leather, Xenons, factory Nav, 19" VMR V710 & 18" ZHP wheels for summer, Turner Motorsports rear sub-frame kit

Quote Originally Posted by prowlerflyer View Post
    So you mentioned that the initial/cold bite is not so great like ceramics. I am running HPC's and am disappointed in feel. I wanted a reduction in the dust from stock pads.

Looks like the search continues.
    If you want consistent bite regardless of cold or hot, I highly recommend EBC Redstuff pads. They'll last a really long time and I can safely say that your wheels will look clean 2 weeks later.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Thanks BP.
    2004 330i ZHP ESS TS2 supercharged
    Silver Grey/Black leather, Xenons, factory Nav, 19" VMR V710 & 18" ZHP wheels for summer, Turner Motorsports rear sub-frame kit

What I meant was; their not grabby, or have a hard initial bite hot or cold like I got with my Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads. And, although you don't notice that grab, your speed reduces rapidly. It's very hard to explain in words, all I can say is, that I need to relearn the correct brake pedal pressure for the actual stopping distance. It has changed enough that it is very noticeable.

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

I've had my set of Hawk HPS 5.0 pads in for a couple hundred miles and I've liked them so far. They're matched with BMW Performance cross-drilled rotors.

Notes:
    • I bedded them following Hawk's prescribed bedding procedure of a few 30-5 mph stops to warm up the rotors followed by several 45-5 mph stops. I planned to do the procedure a second time but never got the chance (it was raining a bunch and felt it best to bed the brakes when conditions were dry).
    • No squeaking or brake chatter whatsoever.
    • Braking distance feels shorter than OEM pads I had on. Braking Gs feel stronger at full brake pedal application.
    • As Guy said, there isn't that initial bite that the OEM pads have. However, the Hawk pads are linear and progressive i.e. the harder you push on the brake pedal, the stronger the braking power. It's very easy to modulate and I prefer it now to the OEM setup.
    • I can't speak to dust production since I haven't cleaned my car or the wheels in ages. I will report back when I have data for this.
    • Pedal feel is great, maybe a smidge deeper into the pedal travel to get initial braking than before.
    • Very smooth overall, and I would recommend the setup to anyone looking for a bit more performance with no noise.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    I've had my set of Hawk HPS 5.0 pads in for a couple hundred miles and I've liked them so far. They're matched with BMW Performance cross-drilled rotors.

Notes:
    • I bedded them following Hawk's prescribed bedding procedure of a few 30-5 mph stops to warm up the rotors followed by several 45-5 mph stops. I planned to do the procedure a second time but never got the chance (it was raining a bunch and felt it best to bed the brakes when conditions were dry).
    • No squeaking or brake chatter whatsoever.
    • Braking distance feels shorter than OEM pads I had on. Braking Gs feel stronger at full brake pedal application.
    • As Guy said, there isn't that initial bite that the OEM pads have. However, the Hawk pads are linear and progressive i.e. the harder you push on the brake pedal, the stronger the braking power. It's very easy to modulate and I prefer it now to the OEM setup.
    • I can't speak to dust production since I haven't cleaned my car or the wheels in ages. I will report back when I have data for this.
    • Pedal feel is great, maybe a smidge deeper into the pedal travel to get initial braking than before.
    • Very smooth overall, and I would recommend the setup to anyone looking for a bit more performance with no noise.
    Nice review, glad to help other members when I can.

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

After reading about these pads I've been eager to install them as my pads (unknown brand) get the wheels rather dirty after a few days of driving. I still have 11mm in the front and 5 in the rear but when they get lower I'll be sure to grab a set.
    04 Imola Red / Alcantara / 6 MT
    Nashville, TN

Nashville, TN 37221

The are my next set of pads for the wife's zhp

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Does Ray carry these? (Anyone seen Ray?)

---
    "ZHP is a garbage option anyway- just some cosmetic upgrades with a different cam and diff to claw back some of the performance lost fitting those hideous and heavy wheels. Any 330 with a 3.46 diff will smoke a ZHP every time. The whole Mafia thing reeks of childish behavior." - an e46f member

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast