Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New Conti replacement for DWS: "Extreme Contact DWS06"

Looks like it might have a stiffer side wall - exactly what the DWS could improve on - available in May:

Name:  extremecontact-dws06-th.jpg
Views: 2111
Size:  17.0 KB

http://www.moderntiredealer.com/news...ntact-dws.aspx

http://www.ctamedia.com/continental/...econtact-dws06
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

where does it say about a stiffer sidewall? i don't see a mention in either link?

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Interesting news.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    where does it say about a stiffer sidewall? i don't see a mention in either link?
    peter
    Yeah that's why i said "looks like" it might have a stiffer sidewall - it is not mentioned directly, you're correct:
    BUT i deduced / assumed a stiffer side wall on the newer version from 2 quotes in the article (from the 1st link - see below), as one way to improve handling and cornering is a stiffer side wall, AND that Conti might have looked into the old DWS consumer and professional reviews when updating the tire, and those reviews almost always mention(ed) that one shortcoming on the old DWS is a too soft side wall...

“The ExtremeContactTM DWS06 is the evolution of our very popular, ExtremeContact DWS,” says Travis Roffler, director of marketing. “This is the ultimate UHP, all-season tire. We’ve maintained excellent snow traction while making improvements in wet traction, dry handling and tread life. This is a tire enthusiasts will really enjoy.”
    Additionally, all-season traction is enhanced through the use of the company's Traction Grooves and X-Sipes technologies. Traction Grooves improve snow performance through increased pattern edges while X-Sipes improve braking, cornering and acceleration..
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Kokesh works for tire rack and told me bout these last week. Said they still look the same as the old models.

GoingHAM mobile
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Cool. I love the DWS
    - Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

Quote Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
    Cool. I love the DWS
    +1

"No flamesuit required"
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    Kokesh works for tire rack and told me bout these last week. Said they still look the same as the old models.

GoingHAM mobile
    They slightly rearranged parts of the tread pattern, so like you guys said snow performance is supposed to be maintained and dry should be improved. Honestly not sure if the sidewall is stiffer or not...haven't driven on it yet. I know they were responding to customer feedback, though. And I've heard rumors snow performance is actually better as well. Think it will be a pretty decent update to an already really solid tire.

Sent from my iPhone

@ryankokesh
    I don't mean to thread Jack here Ryan but I have a question. I've read about tire ratings and understand they can be a sort of hit or miss rating due to the subjectivity of the tie manufacturer. I run Hankook Ventus V12's and have done so since purchasing Her back 2010. I noticed that the V12 garner a UTQG of 200 whereas these new Conti DWS garner a UTQG of 540. That being said, If I were to purchase a set of these Conti's (using the same driving style-no tracking but spirited street driving) could I expect to get a little more mileage out of these tires?
    I know the reason we only get about 20-30K out of our rear tire is due to the rear camber set up on the alignment specs, but all things being equal is this a safe assumption?
    Sold- But not forgotten
    04 Silbergrau/6MT/Silver Cube
    Silbergrau Uberlegen Ist!

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Geoff View Post
    @ryankokesh
    I don't mean to thread Jack here Ryan but I have a question. I've read about tire ratings and understand they can be a sort of hit or miss rating due to the subjectivity of the tie manufacturer. I run Hankook Ventus V12's and have done so since purchasing Her back 2010. I noticed that the V12 garner a UTQG of 200 whereas these new Conti DWS garner a UTQG of 540. That being said, If I were to purchase a set of these Conti's (using the same driving style-no tracking but spirited street driving) could I expect to get a little more mileage out of these tires?
    I know the reason we only get about 20-30K out of our rear tire is due to the rear camber set up on the alignment specs, but all things being equal is this a safe assumption?
    Yes that would be a safe assumption. The two tires have entirely different performance categories. With my previous-gen set of DWS' (before I switched to dedicated summer/winter setups), I got about 35-40k out of them (don't remember exactly) and that includes track time. Most people don't get this kind of mileage out of their tires though. I guess I'm sort of a freak of nature when it comes to tire life; I always manage to squeeze out more than others.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast