Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New member from South Africa

Howdy ZHP Mafia folks,

I have just joined ZHP Mafia today after completing obligatory process.

I am a BMW E46 enthusiast based in Cape Town, South Africa. Whilst I would love to say that I have been a regular ZHPMafia spectator, the truth is that I have spent most of my forum time over the past few years on E46 Fanatics and M3Forum researching as much as possible regarding E46 maintenance of the M3 and 330i.

Here in South Africa, we were not fortunate enough to get the ZHP spec. However, we did get the M-sport spec. For those unfamiliar, it is roughly a ZHP with the 3.07 diff, cams & software, and ZHP-specific exhaust backbox omitted. The M-sport could be ordered any on E46, not just the 330i, and usually came with the 17" Style 68 wheels, although later models did come with the 18" Style 135. Needless to say, if we were to get the ZHP I would certainly be a fan.

My first BMW was the closest we have to a ZHP:

TiAg 2004 BMW 330i M-sport 6 Speed Manual.

This car was about as close to owning a new E46 as I think I could have got in our market, it really was in immaculate condition. I sold it at 75 000 miles last year to fund the purchase of my current car:

TiAg 2004 BMW E46 M3 Coupe 6mt.

With any luck, I am hopefully going to be in the process about buying another 330i 6speed M-sport in the near future.

Cheers,
    Adrian

I managed to find some more old photos of my 330i from when I first got it (before OEM xenon retrofit).

Welcome!

I read this with a South African English accent, in my head. Very pleasant to have someone from such a far, beautiful place, on the forum!

03 ImolaRot|6sp|Alcantara|Silver Cube|CW|Xenons

Coby Alcantara Knob|CF Diffuser|BMW Performance Kidneys|Umnitza Eyes|RCR|UUC TSE3|GruppeM CF-Kevlar Intake|BC Racing Coils|Spacers|BavSound Stg. 1

BMW/CCA/CT VALLEY

1979 911sc: The Perpetual Project

Welcome indeed! Great cars. May be hard to meet for beers but happy you found the ZHP family.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Welcome Adi!

I too have a TiAg M3. Tell me more about your ///M, have you done anything to it?

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Welcome Adi!

I too have a TiAg M3. Tell me more about your ///M, have you done anything to it?
    It's an April 2003 build, completely stock standard, 78 000miles. My interpretation of "doing anything to it" is (preventative) maintenance and/or restoration.

In a nutshell I have done:
    -Rod Bearings
    -Full Beisan Systems VANOS
    -Valve Clearance Adjustment
    -All fluids & filters
    -Waterpump, thermostat, belts, plugs
    -Clutch and Flywheel

The rest has been normal wear and tear (engine, gearbox, exhaust mounts), alternator rebuild and lots of little details to restore the car to the way it should be.
    2004 BMW 330i M-sport 6MT
    2003.5 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT

Welcome Adrian! Nice pics...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by 09mageec View Post
    Welcome!

I read this with a South African English accent, in my head. Very pleasant to have someone from such a far, beautiful place, on the forum!
    LOL! That is quite amusing.. the South African accent can vary from sounding quite British, to some bastardised kind of Australian.
    2003.5 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post
    LOL! That is quite amusing.. the South African accent can vary from sounding quite British, to some bastardised kind of Australian.
    what about the afrikaans-speaking folks? i have a good friend from south africa, afrikaans is his native tongue. he has quite an interesting accent when speaking english.

welcome, by the way! great looking TiAg E46s!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    what about the afrikaans-speaking folks? i have a good friend from south africa, afrikaans is his native tongue. he has quite an interesting accent when speaking english.

welcome, by the way! great looking TiAg E46s!
    Thanks very much!

Yea the accent by mother-tongue Afrikaners can be quite interesting at times.
    2003.5 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast