Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Mafia Family Rules

Mafia Family Rules

We all know the forum rules, but an equally important set to be aware of is the Mafia Family Rules. These rules were unspoken amongst the OGs of this site, but now that our Family is growing like a weed, it is helpful to write them down so we can continue to foster the unique environment that seems to be the primary driver of members to this site.

1.The Family Comes First -- This site is like our home. And especially in the home, the Family comes first. This should be the guiding principle in all of your posts.

2.The Family Comes Before Your Ego -- You never make yourself feel better at the expense of someone else in the Family. Bruised egos have been the downfall of many a family.

3.The Family Comes Before Winning an Argument -- Disagreements are bound to happen in any family, but in this Family you are expected to take the respectful high road in any disagreements. The preservation of the Family and this house is more important than you winning an argument or having the last word.

4.You Always Help Family -- Yes, that means when your lazy Uncle Vito asks you what oil he should put in his ZHP, you don’t tell him to use the search button or send him a link to Let Me Google That For You. You simply help Uncle Vito out; that’s what families do.

5.You Don’t Speak Ill of Family -- When you don’t have something helpful or useful to say, conserve your energy and move on to the next thread. Posting something negative serves no purpose and will typically violate rules two and three.

6.Families Have Opinions -- You are entitled to your opinion, but the Family doesn’t have to be entitled to your opinion as well. Sharing opinions is fine when it is helpful, productive, or done in a respectful manner when disagreeing. Forcing an opinion and telling a Family member that his or her opinion is wrong is not.

7.Dirty Laundry Stays in the Wash Room -- If you have a legitimate problem with a Family member, you either take it up privately with private messages, or you contact a Moderator or the Godfather. An open forum is not the place to discuss personal Family problems.

These are seven simple rules that, if followed, will guarantee a long and healthy life for our Family. You are expected to follow them. If these rules bother you or seem to constrain the way you typically like to post, then this probably isn’t the family for you.

Remember, the Godfather is watching.

Edit: Sig size limit 800x250. If you have trouble sizing up/down, ask the Family for help. Plenty of tech-savvy members here who are happy to lend a hand.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Keith, excellent reminder of how great our forum is. Spelling this out will enable us to keep the blood line going in perpetuity.

Nice work.

Thank you, Boss.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Thx for posting these keith. You would think this could all go unsaid and is a basic/principle of respect, but we all have been to too many forums to know that many people need this little reminder.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Very good list sir. I try to live by this kind of thinking.

Thanks for putting these together Keith! Excellent job translating our family rules into a thread.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Here's another nice thing. There was nothing that triggered this thread. We have had a professional bunch of members here since the beginning. There wasn't a recent fight, or flame war, that prompted this thread. It was just Keith posting up the Family rules for everyone to see. Prior to this, they were just unwritten rules.

We've got a great forum with great folks.

Thanks for the feedback and kind words, gents.

As the Boss said, this wasn't in response to anything- I was just sitting with my coffee this morning and thinking that we have this awesome unspoken code of conduct around here that makes ZHPM.c such a great site.

Felt like it was deserving of being put into words.

It is truly a pleasure coming to this site and I'm thankful for all of the members that make it such a great place to hang out.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Keith, you are the man. So glad you're a moderator.

This family truly is special. Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast