Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Neighborhood recomendations for Charleston SC area

Kpro and I may be relocating to SC in the next year or two. We're looking in the Charleston area for a house with an acre or two near water so we have place close by to drop the boat in.... we have 19 month old twins so decent schools are a must....
    Anybody have any recommendations?
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Charleston, SC is a wonderful historic city. I have sailed in there on several occasions and spent a bit of time exploring. You may take a look at Mt. Pleasant which is just north of the Charleston harbor and hopefully a little less costly, while offering you a bit more space then the old city center.

-Brettski

I think there is a member on here that went to a college down there...probably knows a lot about the city..."el" something...

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

agreed on the historic bit - lovely architecture there. beware the summer humidity.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    agreed on the historic bit - lovely architecture there. beware the summer humidity.

peter
    it's all bad down there regarding humidity during summer months....

Yea we're finding that the Charleston housing is more expensive than we thought.... one of the reasons we want to leave NJ. At least the property taxes are low as is most everything else compared to NJ. I have family down there and we're sick of NE winters...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Congrats. I hope you love it as much as we do (and hope all your cars have AC!) and you are right it's not cheap.

My wife and I went to school there (many moons ago) and my two boys are there now. My sister lives in Mt. Pleasant and likes it. Can get really congested during weekends on Hwy 17.

Do check out Summerville. Some nice areas there. There is also a place "west Ashley" near the coburg dairy cow (local landmark and in many a picture of intoxicated college kids...) and Gene's Haufbrau House.

James Island, Johns Island too.

Let me know if you need a realtor. I've had a search in with a classmate's brother for a while in hopes that we'd move there.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Ok great tnx for the info!
    H&R sport springs,

Cool Tnx!
    H&R sport springs,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast