Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    If you don't already have PDC, you probably don't have a gong speaker at all
    I have PDC on my ZHP. That's where I will check my instrument cluster test on...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I have PDC on my ZHP. That's where I will check my instrument cluster test on...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Gotcha. Just wanted to clarify

I did not. Kept getting bait and switched for carbon black rear bumpers w/ PDC, and trying to avoid buying new since it'll be quite expensive after paint and sensors.

thank you so much for listing out the individual part numbers for the terminal contacts.. When I sourced my PDC system from the salvage yard they were kind enough to give me the PDC box, 4 sensors, the PDC sensor harness, the POWER harness PLUG with about 1 foot of wires cut, the GONG also with both plugs and about .5 foot of wire cut.

I made my own power harness using the PDC retrofit PDF instructions and guessed at 12 feet so with the 1 foot lead on the cut harness plug thats 13 feet.

I labeled each wire to where it goes but needed the terminals. I was prepared to use T taps but when I saw your thread with the PNs, I just ordered the terminal contacts I needed so sweet!

i'm curious about 1 connection, in addition to the GONG in driver foot well, there is also a single connection called "E" joint connector in footwell.. i've never seen anything like that when i that area before. is it a hidden connector taped away somewhere?

and lastly, my PDC sensors came from a silver coupe so they are painted silver. is it possible to use some elbow grease and some lacquer thinner and a rag to clean the paint off leaving them black for my black sedan trim? i have no plans to repaint them unless I have to. I didnt want the lacquer thinner to do any damage to the acoustic sensor if thats even possible.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Good question, and I have no idea. Why not try painting over it with plastidip since it is removable and a matte black finish like the bumper trim? That way you can test out if it messes up the PDC's sensor function and if it does, you can just peel it off.

@nextelbuddy, I have the wiring diagram if your interested

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    thank you so much for listing out the individual part numbers for the terminal contacts.. When I sourced my PDC system from the salvage yard they were kind enough to give me the PDC box, 4 sensors, the PDC sensor harness, the POWER harness PLUG with about 1 foot of wires cut, the GONG also with both plugs and about .5 foot of wire cut.

I made my own power harness using the PDC retrofit PDF instructions and guessed at 12 feet so with the 1 foot lead on the cut harness plug thats 13 feet.

I labeled each wire to where it goes but needed the terminals. I was prepared to use T taps but when I saw your thread with the PNs, I just ordered the terminal contacts I needed so sweet!

i'm curious about 1 connection, in addition to the GONG in driver foot well, there is also a single connection called "E" joint connector in footwell.. i've never seen anything like that when i that area before. is it a hidden connector taped away somewhere?.
    It's a ground. There's probably one taped away somewhere there. I don't remember if I grabbed it from there or if I just took one of the grounds from the glove box.

Terra, my gong pigtail has the middle Green wire already and I wanted to wire it to the cluster as well and code it like you did.

I looked in the WDS at the cluster pinouts and I dont see any PIN assignments specific for GONG or audible warning/signal.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast