Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Pin 14 of the white connector

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    Pin 14 of the white connector
    thank you, its so weird that for MSS54 it shows PIN 14 not used but if i go to MS43/45, it shows pin 14 gong/chime.

im assuming that PDC cars from the factory that had the GONG were wired and coded to use the GONG and thus thats why the GONG plug I have from the junk yard off of a 330ci has the middle pin wired..

wouldnt M3's fall into that category as well? would they really change the gong wire from the cluster just because its an M3?
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

They had it wired, but I don't know if any cars actually used it. The daten files seem to show that gong wasn't the default for anything, though maybe it was something a dealer was able to code after delivery.

M3's also had the gong wired up in the same manner. The WDS isn't 100% accurate, sometimes things go undocumented. That pin works fine on the M3 cluster.

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    They had it wired, but I don't know if any cars actually used it. The daten files seem to show that gong wasn't the default for anything, though maybe it was something a dealer was able to code after delivery.

M3's also had the gong wired up in the same manner. The WDS isn't 100% accurate, sometimes things go undocumented. That pin works fine on the M3 cluster.
    Very cool.

Im curious, what do you do anyways? you seem to have a plethora of deep in depth technical knowledge covering a wide range of things. I see you all over the place on various forums and you seem to be one of those guys that just happens to know everything lol. Did you work for BMW? perhaps a technical engineer of some sort? advisor on a race team perhaps? just taking wild stabs here.

He's in Med school, but we all think he should have been a Double E! I'm betting he operates on cyborgs one day :-)

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post

i'm curious about 1 connection, in addition to the GONG in driver foot well, there is also a single connection called "E" joint connector in footwell.. i've never seen anything like that when i that area before. is it a hidden connector taped away somewhere?
    I know this post is several months old but I just did this PDC retrofit on my E46. This connection is under the drivers side foot panel taped into the harness and against the steering column. I had 1 spade left in the strip and had some of those K Bus type terminals but what a PITA to access this with one hand laying on your back working with very little light.

Name:  x217 location.jpg
Views: 1458
Size:  98.6 KB

yup i ended up finding it and the PITA part as well.'

curious, how did you do your retrofit? did you buy the official retrofit BMW kit? piece one together? I have a full kit ive been trying to sell for a while so was wondering if you saw that or if it was too expensive and you pieced one together cheaper? did you also get the MtechII rear bumper strip?

Wow, I was going to buy yours but you had read that you posted both those items had sold! (Shade and PDC kit) I thought about verifying that your buyer had completed the sale before I ordered mine but oh well... I bought my BMW OEM retrofit kit from ECS Tuning at $430ish and included everything EXCEPT the M Tech II impact strip for PDC sensors just as your for sale post had explained. ECS ended up sending me the wrong strip so I got it from the dealer for about $53 expressed overnight shipped.

Name:  20170725_160129.jpg
Views: 1528
Size:  104.0 KB

that looks great! awesome job getting it installed too. Forgot i sold it all doh lol sometimes i forget what the heck is in my garage.

Hey all. Looking to finally do this retrofit on my sedan and building the cart now. Luckily I already have the pdc module, sensors, and as well as the official instructions as I noticed that pdf went down recently. Have a few questions regarding the wiring...

For anyone who has built the power supply harness, did you need a few special crimp tools to connect the terminal contacts to the wire?
    2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola Red/Sand
    2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast