Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

PDC Retrofit (In Progress)

Hey all. Circling back on this as I was able to source one of the last brand new complete genuine retrofit kits for the sedan left on the globe. Was looking to finish the install up this week but am running into a few issues:

1) For anyone who has done this retrofit on a sedan, can you confirm whether you had to drill out the pdc hole provisions on your zhp bumper or are they already cut out?

2) It appears there are two part numbers for the pdc center strip on realoem with the sensor cutouts.

-51127893306(this one has the cutouts and mounting brackets to hold the sensors)
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...p/51127893306/

-51127030606 (this has just the cutouts and no brackets so the sensor does not secure solidly)
    https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...r/51127030606/

I initially ordered 606 and I don't see how that is going to mount the sensors securely but its listed on realoem as the "install kit." Anyone else run into this problem?

I think 606 is the one if you are planning to drill holes in the bumper while 306 will mount through the 4 squares behind the trim if you want a more plug and play option. Can anyone confirm?

3) Lastly, the instructions state to use fuse slot 24 to insert the green/white wire terminal into the back of the fuse box for pdc but on my car both the upper and lower slots are already in use with an existing fuse. Should I just tap into one of the existing wires on fuse slot 24 or should I use a different slot like 25?

2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola Red/Sand
    2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon

Looks like I may have answered a question someone in the future may run into so I'll confirm it here...

the 306 part number appears to be correct for the sedan ZHP bumpers as they have the square cut outs. I believe the non zhp bumpers have cutouts for the sensors because I did see a thread where a guy had a post 9/01 sedan bumper that did not have the squares and indeed had the provisions for the circular pdc cutouts. Odd because both 306 and 606 are listed as post 9/01 compatible but it appears the 306 part number is the one we need.

ZHP sedan bumpers have these cutouts

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 12.31.20 PM.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  29.4 KB

This probably won't help but just for extra lore, my base model came with PDC. The sensors clipped into the bumper and the strip was just a cover. I then installed a MTech II rear bumper and had to delete PDC because there is no place for the sensors to clip into the bumper. I think they are supposed to clip into the strip on MTech II but I'm not sure. Maybe I'll try to figure it out one day.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Yeah if you look at my post above I believe the cutouts changed which is why they have two pdc strips. Only figured this out this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by thegenius46m View Post
    Yeah if you look at my post above I believe the cutouts changed which is why they have two pdc strips. Only figured this out this morning.
    Yeah the cutouts in the picture you posted above is what I have now, the sensors don't clip into those.

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Yeah the cutouts in the picture you posted above is what I have now, the sensors don't clip into those.
    I think the old bumper style the sensors must have clipped into the bumper and the trim piece was just a covering. With the ZHP bumper it appears the trim piece is the sensor support and those mounts fit into the bumper cutouts.

Quote Originally Posted by thegenius46m View Post
    I think the old bumper style the sensors must have clipped into the bumper and the trim piece was just a covering. With the ZHP bumper it appears the trim piece is the sensor support and those mounts fit into the bumper cutouts.
    The bumper that came on my car was designed and shipped after MTech II bumpers though. If the sensors clip into the strip then that would solve the problem.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234