Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

4 dr Vs. 2 Dr on the Track?

Any input on 4 doors Vs. 2 Drs at the track? Anyone that has driven both, feedback?

I am getting extremely close to a purchase and am torn between an E46 M3, a 330i ZHP and a 330Ci ZHP. Getting into the track area will be a big thing for me, so I am curious of the experience in the 2 door over the 4 door.

Without having any experience in an M3 or 330Ci, I'd imagine that unless you have a reason you need four doors, an M3 would be exactly what you want.

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

Quote Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
    Without having any experience in an M3 or 330Ci, I'd imagine that unless you have a reason you need four doors, an M3 would be exactly what you want.
    I worded that poorly, M3 obviously would be the choice of a track vehicle. I am more interested in input on specifically the 330i vs the Ci.

Several things I am pondering before I buy... 1. Cost 2. Daily and track use 3. Insurance 4. Upkeep cost

M3 has a lot of low points in all of those areas, but it is so awesome lol, but I am trying to be an adult and make the mature decision of what I should get.

I really like the 330i and the look of it, I also like the rear space for passengers and 4 doors are always cheaper on insurance.

The 330Ci I assumed would just be better at the track, but looking through photos, seems a lot of people track their 4 doors as well.

Coupes actually have a lower center of gravity than sedans. I think coupes would be better suited for track. Sedans are better suited for sez.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

^^^^^

I can't offer insight based on track experience but I will say that after having a 2 door e30 and Chevy Cavalier, I love the accessibility of having a 4 door e46. I know they are night and day - different body styles and what not - but the 4 door just seems to be the right choice for me. Hauling family and friends as passengers make a four door seem the obvious choice for my daily driver.

Good luck with your decision!

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Sedans are better suited for sez.
    hmmm, this is now added to the equation. I have to disagree though, although I have never tried to make babies in the back of a 4 door CAR, the fiance and I are somewhat of entrepreneurs in the back seat sexy time(insert Borat voice) department. Mainly because I am always gone for long periods of time and the drive from the airport to the house is a huge inconvenience. What I have found is coupes are best suited for such activities, because of the direction and angle of the back seat it makes for the perfect position. We also have a Grand Cherokee, which you would think would be more comfortable, but no, its actually not. With all that said this is a piece of advice for everyone... The back seat of a soft top wrangler is probably the worst possible place for sexy time to ever occur and I recommend that it is avoided at all cost.

Also, other factors play into these equations like size of the individuals, who gets top or bottom, and the exact intensity of said activity. I do not endorse these statements to be fact, only personal experience

Def an M3 for track use.
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t

For me...."the sez" was referring to the visual aesthetics of the car...lol.

Thanks for the info though.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    For me...."the sez" was referring to the visual aesthetics of the car...lol.

Thanks for the info though.

lol

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    You've got to be careful with Dane!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast