Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Hehe. I think they are all beautiful and worthy cars /argument

Ian, do you get out to the track often? I've taken a very long sabbatical. So I am what is refered to as a 'moving chicane.' Will you be going to Chuckwalla with the San Diego Chapter? I'll be there..

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
    Ah-HAH! I found the torsional rigidity stats I was looking for:

BMW E46 Sedan (w/o folding seats) 18,000 Nm/deg
    BMW E46 Sedan (w/folding seats) 13,000 Nm/deg
    BMW E46 Coupe (w/folding seats) 12,500 Nm/deg
    (couldn't find coupe w/o folding seats, though . . . )

So, all else equal, a 300i is a bit more structurally rigid than a 330Ci. ZHP sedan FTW!
    I just started reading this and hoped I would be the one to say this but oh well. It is true, I found this out when doing research a long time ago on e30's.

Quote Originally Posted by billschusteriv View Post
    ^^^^^

I can't offer insight based on track experience but I will say that after having a 2 door e30 and Chevy Cavalier, I love the accessibility of having a 4 door e46. I know they are night and day - different body styles and what not - but the 4 door just seems to be the right choice for me. Hauling family and friends as passengers make a four door seem the obvious choice for my daily driver.

Good luck with your decision!
    And with a sedan that rear window is way easier to clean than a coupe.

^^^^^

I can't offer insight based on track experience but I will say that after having a 2 door e30 and Chevy Cavalier, I love the accessibility of having a 4 door e46. I know they are night and day - different body styles and what not - but the 4 door just seems to be the right choice for me. Hauling family and friends as passengers make a four door seem the obvious choice for my daily driver.

Good luck with your decision!
    And with a sedan that rear window is way easier to clean than a coupe.
    Just about everything in the backseat is easier to do in a sedan instead of a coupe. Cleaning windows, rear seat removal/wiring/stereo speaker install, vacuuming the upholstery/carpet, using a shop vac to suck up bugs that got stuck between the rear window and deck....the list goes on.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Seems I remember reading an artical about e46 sedans actually handling a little better than the coupes. Only remember because I was surprised by this. I can't imagine a car being much more nimble or well balanced than my sedan, even compared to a 335 coupe.

Four doors for more whores.

/thread.

Structurally more rigid, but if tracking is your concern.........Look for the car with the best driver and you will see the fastest car on the track.

In addition to rigidity, I think the weight difference between the two (330i and 330ci is like 20lbs or less). So I think in terms of which will make a better track car...they're probably about the same. So if you wanted to pick the sendan because it's more practical but didn't want to sacrifice performance, don't worry, you won't be.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Yeah, I don't think I've seen any numbers to suggest the CG is any different between them, but if anyone wants to measure their coupe, my sedan came out to about 21.47".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234