Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

replace 3 items - Vanos oil feed line, cyclone separator, oil filter housing gasket

Brief background - took my car in for an oil change at dealer and coincidentally they had just got in a replacement airbag which they installed. They also performed a courtesy vehicle inspection. I need to say that the dealer has provided great service whenever I brought the car in. I also use an expert indie for a number of things (for example, cooling system change).

The dealer's inspection listed the vanos oil feed line, oil filter housing gasket, and cycle separator as soon-to-need replacement due to oil leaks. Nothing necessary for now. My question is around complexity and pricing. Yes, I know the dealer will be more $ but this is offset sometimes by a free BMW loaner vs logistics of renting a car and having a friend help with dropping my car off at indie. The dealer listed the following $ (rounded) - vanos...line - $200, oil...gasket - $500, and cyclone - $600.

I went through a whole bunch of maintenance threads and found info on the above; one showed the vanos line at $5, so to me this implies a whole lot of labor to get to it. How complex are these items to replace and what have others paid to get these done. Many thanks.

The prices you posted are covering the labor since the parts are cheap. Vanos oil line iirc is $30 and the ofhg is $5. Ccv system is around $150.

If you can do it yourself that is the best way. Its not hard.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

replace 3 items - Vanos oil feed line, cyclone separator, oil filter housing ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    The prices you posted are covering the labor since the parts are cheap. Vanos oil line iirc is $30 and the ofhg is $5. Ccv system is around $150.

If you can do it yourself that is the best way. Its not hard.
    X2...DIY's will save you a bunch of money! You can do all of that yourself for under $200.

$1300 vs $200
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Autozone.com
    None of those are hard, no special tools needed. Check out the DIY videos. For those, I wld diy, and I'm not a mechanic. I recently did them, it's more about time and organization vs. Difficulty, with a little effort on small things that are kinda of a PITA but not hard.

Sent from mobile
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture