Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yeah, the upholstery shop took about an hour so I figured worst case it would be a few for me to do it. Did you remove the seat or where you able to remove the upholstery with it installed? I literally have no idea how to approach this aside from just beginning to remove parts until I find the sensor. Any special tools? I'm assuming some hog ring pliars and replacement hog rings?

I would remove the seat from the car and take it apart. The sensor is in the lower cushion.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by itdnwiwbp View Post
    Yeah, the upholstery shop took about an hour so I figured worst case it would be a few for me to do it. Did you remove the seat or where you able to remove the upholstery with it installed? I literally have no idea how to approach this aside from just beginning to remove parts until I find the sensor. Any special tools? I'm assuming some hog ring pliars and replacement hog rings?
    The upholstery must come off. It's quick if you've done it before AND have the correct tool to get the hog rings out and in. If you don't have the right tool, it could take a lot longer depending on experience. I think Charlie said it took him the better part of a day's labor to get his M3 seat stitched back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    The upholstery must come off. It's quick if you've done it before AND have the correct tool to get the hog rings out and in. If you don't have the right tool, it could take a lot longer depending on experience. I think Charlie said it took him the better part of a day's labor to get his M3 seat stitched back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's correct BP... I didn't have that darned hog ring tool in the correct size. What a royal PITA that was.... now I know why Dane used zip ties afterwards.... I ended up doing the same

Tip ties! Great tip! Thanks! Anyone know the correct size hog ring pliars? Or is it possible to just clip them in the center to pull them out?

I pulled them out.

"No flamesuit required"
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Since we are kinda on the subject......sorry for the minor thread jack.......

But does anyone know if disabling the mat and clearing the light in PA Soft will accomplish the same as the bypass?
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    I'm interested depending on price. Doesn't pa soft clear the light though, I think that's what I remember.
    I'll find out what I paid and get you a price.

Sent from mobile
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by 328ioc View Post

But does anyone know if disabling the mat and clearing the light in PA Soft will accomplish the same as the bypass?

I wouldn't think so since the connection isn't being made
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Quote Originally Posted by 328ioc View Post

I didn't think disabling the mat was even possible...
    And clearing the light probably won't do jack since it'll just re-detect that the mat isn't functioning and come right back on again.

I'd just get the bypass sensor since it's soooo cheap and soooo easy to install. With the bypass installed, both airbags come on in the event of an accident regardless of whether someone is sitting in the passenger seat or not. If you ever get into an accident where the airbag goes off, your car's gonna get totaled anyway, so it doesn't matter if one airbag comes out or both.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast