Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Too early for VANOS?

I know this is a topic with differing opinions, but I am trying to decide so I thought I'd post here.

My indie BMW shop is running a special on VANOS rebuild w/ anti rattle kit+VCG replacement.
    As I have reason to believe that I will benefit from ( need ) VCG and especially spark plug well gasket being replaced I know that part will benefit me

Thing is Vanos : my car is at 47k - some ppl think it's not too early; I am not sure if I have any Vanos related symptoms - recently had a cyl misfire code that didn't return after erasing. I have ruled out coil pack - car is back to normal for now. I sometimes have heard some rattling like noise but I don't know if it is Vanos or not.

Is it wasting money to do it this early mileage wise ?
    ( despite it is bring on a special ? But know I cannot or won't DIY it even later )

WWYD ? I have to decide asap
    Your input is very valued- thanks IA!

Sent from my NOT bent iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Washburn; 04-03-2015 at 05:10 AM.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

If the price is right, I would probably go for it as PM. No need to wait until it fails. What's the special price ? What's the regular price ?

Regular is $660 for Vanos with rattle kit ( beisian) and VCG
    Special is $ 475

2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Do keep in mind even though you have 47k miles on the car, the car is 10 years old. And rubber deteriorates over time.

Is $475 with labor included?

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Too early for VANOS?

Yeah for everything - and they use BMW VCGs.
    They do this special every year for two weeks for their Facebook page fans
    I skipped last year because I thought it was too early and the special didn't include rattle kit
    ( this year it does )

That is not a bad price actually.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Just a thought - is the rattle which you are hearing the DISA valve? Mine I rebuilt around 70k, and have not yet had any VANOS rattling, so it's still OEM at 73k.

-Brettski

Too early for VANOS?

I have the same suspicion - when I get my head close to the DISA box I think I do hear some rattle that's coming from there - I will inspect it soon- I already have a rebuild kit on the way.

I know that my mileage is low to do Vanos - however I have to consider what members here have pointed out: that even at low mileage the rubber parts are 10 yrs old and that the price on this special is good and that it can be considered PM

( I need to get the VCG done anyway)

A " problem " might be that I won't feel a big improvement compared to someone who gets this done on a car with higher mileage where Vanos has degraded a lot.

If you need the VCG done anyway, and you are having the shop do it, I'd pay the small extra and get the whole thing done. $475 seems like a really good all in price for a shop to do the repair.

Ask for old parts (the rubber) and you'll be able to see if the rubber was going south or completely fine. Either way, good piece of mind.
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake

Autozone.com
    Thanks !
    The VCG is also included in the special
    So it's $475 for Vanos + VCG

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast